Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blend Door Actuator Issue Thread

Who has had blend door actuator problems?

• '14 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • '15 Fiesta ST

Votes: 144 29.1%
  • '16 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • '17 Fiesta ST

Votes: 65 13.1%

• Total voters
Ha, 2109 with around 9.5K miles at present had blend door actuator replaced for free under warranty in October after enduring the noise (usually for no more than 15 seconds, once per startup) since around August.
Hadn't seen this thread before then.

So i got the clicking start a few weeks ago, usually turns off within 20 seconds or so, but when i switch between defrost and air-to-face it starts clicking again. also happens when i turn the recirculation on. I even heard it clicking after i had turned the car off and was unloading groceries a couple mins later. i saw on rockauto there is a part labeled:
FOUR SEASONS 73242 {#BE8Z19E616A} Air Door Actuator Info
Recirculation Door (Controls Recirculate or Fresh Air Option)

Has anyone replaced this part vice the MOTORCRAFT YH1896 {#BE8Z19E616B}

Just got the click of death on my '19 with about 26k! I will have it serviced by the dealer since I'm still under bumper-to-bumper. I was really hoping that this issue had been rectified for the later model years but I guess not!

jeff

2000 Post Club
Not trying to steal from this thread but I made a another one that answers all the questions that keep getting asked, all in one post, so folks would have an easier time. The parts I discuss were installed on my car by me and they fit and work.

End all be all actuator replacement thread (clicking sound, part numbers, video install) | Fiesta ST Forum
Very helpful, thank you and again sorry to bring up this confusing thread. I really need to get better at searching the forum.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ha, 2109 with around 9.5K miles at present had blend door actuator replaced for free under warranty in October after enduring the noise (usually for no more than 15 seconds, once per startup) since around August.
Hadn't seen this thread before then.
Is a 2109 like a Gen 75? Can it fly or have a Flux capacitor for time travel? Is your Name Emmitt or Marty? Asking for a friend*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Yep, also had a 2019 go in later last year with only about 7000 miles on the car, at least the dealer did give me a loaner as the first day they "couldn't figure out what was going on, and needed a tech that could tear down the dash" - overall had a loaner for 4 days since it went in on a Friday and wasn't fixed until late Monday. Huge difference going from my lil rocket to the ecoboost ranger lol
I was so glad to be back in my snail after having to mash the brakes at nearly every stop sign/light too

Is this the same blend door? Sounds like a woodpecker, center dash
Yes, that's the driver side one that's a pain in the butt to change. Mine sounds exactly like that.

The passenger side one has a slower click, at least when it failed in my car 10K miles ago.

Is this the same blend door? Sounds like a woodpecker, center dash
$@*&...When I put my car heat on MAX it's making this noise now. I had the driver side module fail (which I replaced) and it was a slower click and stopped after about 10 clicks. BS.

Also threw a P0454 and P2111 code today and wasn't sure I was going to make it home from the grocery store. Not happy with the car this evening. :mad::mad:

2016 car with 35,5xx miles on the clock.

Todd

My daughters car developed this click but only when she turns the car off, also the ac only blows hot air, any idea which actuator to change?