Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blue track/street build - salvage restoration

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #182
Realized I hadn't posted in a while. I've run the car at NHMS, Limerock, Thompson, and I'm slated for a couple more tracks before the season is out.

Plans for the off season:

Paint and fit my half cage
Install LSD, shorter gears, new clutch
3" catback titanium exhaust
Possibly hpfp and injectors, can't decide if it's worth it if I only plan to run 93

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #183
Installed Vibra fast road trans mount as well as the Whoosh short shifter plate and trans side bushings. Engine bay is super dirty but I don't care. Bushings were tedious but they went in. As I button up the engine bay, I'll be installing a Mele battery box, a 15lb Braille battery, and a Whoosh crossover/induction/intake pipe. Once that's done, I'll shift (heh) to the interior and install a modded OEM lever and shifter base bushings. Hoping once it's done that it's 75% of a CAE shifter for 7.5% of the price.

20211005_220430.jpg

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #185
Still tuning the S280, hitting 23psi at 3200rpm, 26psi at 3400rpm. I still feel like there is more in it. This is just on 93, still trying to figure out the best way to get e85/E30 without taking a 3 hour round trip drive.

Still tuning the S280, hitting 23psi at 3200rpm, 26psi at 3400rpm. I still feel like there is more in it. This is just on 93, still trying to figure out the best way to get e85/E30 without taking a 3 hour round trip drive.
It's about a 3hr drive round trip for me to go fill up with E85. I usually bring about 20 gallons worth of cans with me. [thumb]

If possible your best option if you're far away is to see if there's an Ethanol distributor you can buy 55 gallon drums from. I had a few local guys that sold E85 / E98 for $200-$220 per 55 gal barrel, and charged a little extra for delivery.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #189
Got my final rev of tune for 93 for the S280, car is running very strong. However it's about to get put up for the next 4-5 months as cold season approaches.

Confirmed plans for the off-season:
LSD/clutch upgrade (decided against shorter gears)
Paint/install roll bar, rear K brace, front crash bar
Install harnesses
Paint front bumper and remount more securely
Finish gutting interior/remove sunroof
Minor upgrades (fog light ducts, shift lever swap, etc)
Custom 3" titanium catback exhaust with v-band muffler/straight pipe swap

On the fence:
E30 tune (3hr round trip for the juice)
If I go E30, then also considering hpfp/injectors
BYC rear wing (looks great and would help)
Rear plexiglass windscreen (my rear glass is destroyed with low quality tint)
Try mounting a 225/45-16 r888r to one of my 16x8 rpf1s and see if I can make it work

Anything I'm missing or other suggestions???

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #191
You have a local shop that will (pie)cut, and weld titanium exhaust pipe?
I have a friend that will do it. Labor is free but materials are still big $$. Still want to do it since it's something different that I haven't seen on this platform.

DangerMouse

Got my final rev of tune for 93 for the S280, car is running very strong. However it's about to get put up for the next 4-5 months as cold season approaches.

Confirmed plans for the off-season:
LSD/clutch upgrade (decided against shorter gears)
Paint/install roll bar, rear K brace, front crash bar
Install harnesses
Paint front bumper and remount more securely
Finish gutting interior/remove sunroof
Minor upgrades (fog light ducts, shift lever swap, etc)
Custom 3" titanium catback exhaust with v-band muffler/straight pipe swap

On the fence:
E30 tune (3hr round trip for the juice)
If I go E30, then also considering hpfp/injectors
BYC rear wing (looks great and would help)
Rear plexiglass windscreen (my rear glass is destroyed with low quality tint)
Try mounting a 225/45-16 r888r to one of my 16x8 rpf1s and see if I can make it work

Anything I'm missing or other suggestions???
what are your plans for the sunroof? I have wanted a carbon fiber sunroof plug since day one. I’m almost to the point of riveting a piece of sheet metal to the roof but it’s my daily.

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
Installed Vibra fast road trans mount as well as the Whoosh short shifter plate and trans side bushings. Engine bay is super dirty but I don't care. Bushings were tedious but they went in. As I button up the engine bay, I'll be installing a Mele battery box, a 15lb Braille battery, and a Whoosh crossover/induction/intake pipe. Once that's done, I'll shift (heh) to the interior and install a modded OEM lever and shifter base bushings. Hoping once it's done that it's 75% of a CAE shifter for 7.5% of the price.
It'll be interesting to see how the Mele box will work with the Vibra fast road trans mount. I installed one and liking it so far but their site stated that it only works with the stock mount.

On the other note, if you are looking for even lighter battery at a reasonable price, I transferred the Shorai Lithium Battery LFX36L3-BS12 Lightweight Powerful from my other project car to the Fiesta. It's a tight fit for the Mele box but it fits and weighs only about 5lbs. I had it for about a year and it survived the Phoenix area summer temperature. Not sure how it'll do in a cold climate as Lion batteries don't do well in the extreme cold, but sounds like you won't be driving the Fiesta during the winter anyways.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #195
what are your plans for the sunroof? I have wanted a carbon fiber sunroof plug since day one. I’m almost to the point of riveting a piece of sheet metal to the roof but it’s my daily.
Not sure, I'll decide one I pull it out. Probably weld a sheet of metal on there then vinyl wrap the roof black.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #196
It'll be interesting to see how the Mele box will work with the Vibra fast road trans mount. I installed one and liking it so far but their site stated that it only works with the stock mount.

On the other note, if you are looking for even lighter battery at a reasonable price, I transferred the Shorai Lithium Battery LFX36L3-BS12 Lightweight Powerful from my other project car to the Fiesta. It's a tight fit for the Mele box but it fits and weighs only about 5lbs. I had it for about a year and it survived the Phoenix area summer temperature. Not sure how it'll do in a cold climate as Lion batteries don't do well in the extreme cold, but sounds like you won't be driving the Fiesta during the winter anyways.
Already installed it. The box/mount weren't an issue at all. The only issue I have is trying to get the ECU mount to sit flush/flat against the box. I kinda wedged it and zip tied it for now. I got the mount and battery super cheap used. Wasn't really actively looking for this setup but found a deal.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Not sure how it'll do in a cold climate as Lion batteries don't do well in the extreme cold
This is the main reason I will not do a lithium battery (along with most of them, but not the one you've linked, being exorbitantly priced), despite the miraculous weight savings. (This is my ONLY car, and a year round, daily driver.)

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #200
About to buy hpfp, injectors, clutch, and LSD. Only thing using me back is ease of access to e85. Can anyone point me to a place that ships 5 gallon pails in the new England area?