Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blue track/street build - salvage restoration

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #81
As far as painting goes, I'm only considering painting it for protection. I don't care about looks/color really.

Great news! I expect pics of the plate and the bench seat made from the rears!
Absolutely! The seat was killer and I think it will make a neat addition to seating in my workshop.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #82
Car went into limp mode and check engine light came on. Coolant was super low so I got p1299 for cylinder head temperature overheat. However the car was stone cold as it was sitting overnight. Filled up the coolant and the light/limp mode was still there. Reset the check engine light and went for a 30 min drive and all seems good. I hope it's just the oversized radiator that's causing the need for coolant a few extra times. The car did have the recall performed early in it's life. I never really properly bled the cooling system so maybe that's the issue?

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #84
Car is currently at a local shop for modifications I'm too old/lazy to accomplish myself - hybrid turbo, Whoosh 3" catted downpipe, MBRP exhaust, Whoosh turbo inlet, GFB VTA DV, a couple other small things. Should have it back today or tomorrow. I can't imagine how loud it's going to be with the gutted interior and mbrp "exhaust" setup. Next up is datalogging/tuning.

After the turbo/etc is dialed in, then I'll be installing my ISC coilovers and Whoosh BBK. Autopower cage and Sparco seats are still en-route.

Erick_V

I have the same exhaust setup with the rear semi gutted. Just the foam bench, cover over the spare but full plastics. It’s going to be pretty loud lol. I cruise at 70 because more than that and my ears are ringing by the time I get anywhere

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #86
I have the same exhaust setup with the rear semi gutted. Just the foam bench, cover over the spare but full plastics. It’s going to be pretty loud lol. I cruise at 70 because more than that and my ears are ringing by the time I get anywhere
Behind the rear seats, I have the two door cards/plastics still on and literally nothing else. Probably planning to do some rubber or spray on insulation.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #88
Engine mods went off without a hitch. Even on a "base" tune it feels super responsive. Love love love the mbrp exhaust with the whoosh catted downpipe. Turbo sound even at idle is crazy. Can't wait to turn up the wick with Adam at Tune+ ! Changing the plugs the next few days then data logging this weekend.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Engine mods went off without a hitch. Even on a "base" tune it feels super responsive. Love love love the mbrp exhaust with the whoosh catted downpipe. Turbo sound even at idle is crazy. Can't wait to turn up the wick with Adam at Tune+ ! Changing the plugs the next few days then data logging this weekend.
YOU WILL ONLY WANT MORE NOW! The thirst will take hold soon enough!

Last edited:

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
They look consistent - the NGK's with a tight gap (I think I was down to 0.025?) will allow your tuner to improve the power delivery - should add some HP with a cleaner / quicker ignition.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #93
Changed the rear turned signals out for Silverstars. Quick and easy and takes away most of the orange.

20210418_171133.jpg

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #96
Some updates for tonight. Swapped out the Cobb RMM with a Whoosh Race Spec. Installed the Summit/Swave rear 2 poi t torsion bar. Replaced the pass side motor mount with a Vibra Fast Road. I suspect I'll have a net increase it NVH but I suspect this pass side bolt was not doing me any favors! Another revision of my tune due any day now as well. Oh and more goodies came in.

20210427_221040.jpg 20210427_192807.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Some updates for tonight. Swapped out the Cobb RMM with a Whoosh Race Spec. Installed the Summit/Swave rear 2 poi t torsion bar. Replaced the pass side motor mount with a Vibra Fast Road. I suspect I'll have a net increase it NVH but I suspect this pass side bolt was not doing me any favors! Another revision of my tune due any day now as well. Oh and more goodies came in.

View attachment 40160 View attachment 40161
That bolt was for the Top of the passengerside engine mount? If so....man were you living on borrowed time!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #98
That bolt was for the Top of the passengerside engine mount? If so....man were you living on borrowed time!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Yup it was. In my investigation/repairs of this car, it was in an accident and fixed BEFORE the one that sent it to the salvage yard. Who knows if the previous owner was driving it around like this. So it's lived a rough life for sure but it's coming back stronger than ever. Also big shout-out to my Milwaukee M18 impact wrench because it took a beating getting that bolt out.

As far as painting goes, I'm only considering painting it for protection. I don't care about looks/color really.
get the paint code, send it to a caning company to get it in the spray can. it will be damn close. trust me. ill edit this post later and come back with the company name my dad went through for his copper color 79 notch. then you can get a 2k clear to go ontop of the color.

EDIT: painters supply.
EDIT 2: Locations | Painters Supply & Equipment Co. (painters-supply.com) give the closest one to you a call. they might be able to ship it and help you out.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #100
get the paint code, send it to a caning company to get it in the spray can. it will be damn close. trust me. ill edit this post later and come back with the company name my dad went through for his copper color 79 notch. then you can get a 2k clear to go ontop of the color.
Already did that my friend, hoping to put a coat or two on this weekend.