Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blue track/street build - salvage restoration

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Which one for the wheel? And what about the wire/plug on the seat belt, does that not cause issues?
It looks like this one: NRG SRK-RES OFF ROAD PAIR STEERING WHEEL SRS WARNING LIGHT BYPASS RESISTOR KIT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HWX77Y9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_KV94KHTK58G68YPV40ZD

Regarding the seatbelt, I plugged everything back in and inserted one of these things to make the car think the seatbelt is fastened: Car Seat Belt Clip, Anceev Universal Seat Belt Buckle Auto Metal Seat Belts Clip 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DBW8BJ...abc_YQ4BX2BAXQSFXDXAR5J5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #142
It looks like this one: NRG SRK-RES OFF ROAD PAIR STEERING WHEEL SRS WARNING LIGHT BYPASS RESISTOR KIT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HWX77Y9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_KV94KHTK58G68YPV40ZD

Regarding the seatbelt, I plugged everything back in and inserted one of these things to make the car think the seatbelt is fastened: Car Seat Belt Clip, Anceev Universal Seat Belt Buckle Auto Metal Seat Belts Clip 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DBW8BJ...abc_YQ4BX2BAXQSFXDXAR5J5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Gotcha, thanks! While we are on the topic do you have any info on where to connect both the horn and airbag resistor to the steering wheel wiring harness?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Gotcha, thanks! While we are on the topic do you have any info on where to connect both the horn and airbag resistor to the steering wheel wiring harness?
I plugged the resistor into the connector that plugs into the airbag and used heat shrink to secure it. It doesn’t matter which way you plug it into the connector..

I wired the horn into my NRG hub but I don’t remember which wires they were. I think it was the other two opposite of the airbag. It was such a long painful process to wire everything I sorta suppressed the memory lol. If you’re just doing the horn it should be a lot easier than what I did.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #149
Turns out I missed tightening a bolt on the rear strut, clunking is gone. No time for an alignment between now and my first track day on Friday. Looks like I'll probably be on a base tune for first track day but still hitting 16psi so still not a slouch.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #151
You can't bleed the brakes with Forscan....you can only Bleed the ABS module. UNLESS* Forscan added that option for the US.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Yes it bleeds the whole braking system when you bleed the ABS module. I bled each module twice for a total of 8 bleeds and I put in 2 bottles of fluid.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes it bleeds the whole braking system when you bleed the ABS module. I bled each module twice for a total of 8 bleeds and I put in 2 bottles of fluid.
The European Version you can individually choose EACH WHEEL with Forscan. NOT the US version.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #153
The European Version you can individually choose EACH WHEEL with Forscan. NOT the US version.

I was able to choose each wheel individually with my setup. I did each wheel twice. I'll have to hook it back up and do a screen capture and talk through it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was able to choose each wheel individually with my setup. I did each wheel twice. I'll have to hook it back up and do a screen capture and talk through it.
I wrote forscan and they said they weren't likely going to port it over to the US. But I'm interested for sure....haven't been on it for a while....maybe they got fancy.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #155
I wrote forscan and they said they weren't likely going to port it over to the US. But I'm interested for sure....haven't been on it for a while....maybe they got fancy.

I bought a lifetime license a few months ago and the feature was there. I'll do a recording in a few weeks and post it up on the forums.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bought a lifetime license a few months ago and the feature was there. I'll do a recording in a few weeks and post it up on the forums.
I did also *I'll troll around and connect it back up to see. Thanks for El Heads up! Learn something New every day is what I aim to do!