Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba BOV adapter killing MPG?

Hi guys,

Ever since installing my Boomba BOV adapter I have seen a dramatic decrease in my mileage.

I used to get around 29 stock, 27 AP stage 1, and now with this thing installed I am only getting 23! I just can't seem to stay out of the boost [hihi]. Good thing gas is cheap right now!

Seriously though, it is ridiculous fun. It's the best smile-per-dollar of any mod I've added to the car.

I highly recommend it.

[loveboost]

-wwd

airjor13

2000 Post Club
hmmm, that's strange I really haven't noticed a big difference before and after with the BOV adapter. I had mine on for a while, on 93 OTS I was averaging around 28MPG. On my Panda tune, it's around 27MPG.

hmmm, that's strange I really haven't noticed a big difference before and after with the BOV adapter. I had mine on for a while, on 93 OTS I was averaging around 28MPG. On my Panda tune, it's around 27MPG.
I'm pretty sure he's making a joke since he can't stay out of boost now :)

LOL. yeah, he's joking. I took it seriously at first then caught on. Post some sound clips if / when you can, good sir! It would be much appreciated

I haven't seen any difference after installing mine. Only thing is the increased fun!

For those trying to get an idea of sound. Outside the car it's loud. Inside the car, windows up, blower on high, I can't hear it. Or with the radio at a medium level (the second taller level of the volume level) I can't hear it. So it's not "annoying". It goes off a lot more than I expected, but it's fun. No difference in MPG

TheStig

Im afraid of how it would sound coupled with my Injen intake, the intake alone is crazy loud. Sounds like MegaMaid from Spaceballs rolling through the streets.

Im afraid of how it would sound coupled with my Injen intake, the intake alone is crazy loud. Sounds like MegaMaid from Spaceballs rolling through the streets.
Don't quote me on this, but an intake shouldn't make a difference. Since the air comes out the plate you install, it doesn't reach the intake after installing the plate. It goes out the holes in the plate to atmosphere, so intake should have no difference!

TheStig

Don't quote me on this, but an intake shouldn't make a difference. Since the air comes out the plate you install, it doesn't reach the intake after installing the plate. It goes out the holes in the plate to atmosphere, so intake should have no difference!
Im just saying if the BOV adapter makes it louder, and my intake has already made it loud. How much louder can i accept/tolerate? lol

TheStig

Im sure it sounds good, but i already get my dose from the intake at this point. I still have not even heard what your BOV adapter sounds like to be honest.

Im sure it sounds good, but i already get my dose from the intake at this point. I still have not even heard what your BOV adapter sounds like to be honest.
[video=youtube;pVbzGLnTsn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVbzGLnTsn0&list=UUyM8-62cNPtCMLho4mrSM4A[/video]

I plan to make a new video soon to show off all the noise the car makes now. (Exhaust and BOV adapter) but this is what I have for now.

OP
wrongwheeldrive
Thread Starter #13
Im just saying if the BOV adapter makes it louder, and my intake has already made it loud. How much louder can i accept/tolerate? lol
I ran into a FiST owner today with the 2J-Racing intake. It gives off a pretty impressive BOV sound. It's not nearly as loud as the Boomba piece, but it is noticable. With the Boomba installed, I find it is a nice sound from inside the car with windows up. With the windows down it also sounds good (louder). With the windows down passing another car or a wall or anything to send the sound back at you it sounds like a Mac truck. I'll try and get a video up this week.

Other cars never noticed me and my FiST before I put it on. Now I'm getting more people wanting to play around.

I have it on mine its sounds great. I like when people hear the sound like if they saying that car has turbo lol feels good also I beat a civic si he was shocked. Great car 2014 st fiesta tuxedo black