Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba RMM review

So I installed the RMM saturday night and first impression is very stiff, vibrates really bad and loud. Not upset with it yet as it still needs to be broken in but the girlfriend is annoyed with it. Wheel hop is virtually gone havent done much testing yet. Will keep you guys posted.

I ordered a Boomba RMM not long ago and it has not shipped yet. This has me a bit scared...

JPGC

2000 Post Club
There is a reason why manufacturers use soft bushings, lol. I have the COBB RMM and it vibrates too.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I'm curious to hear how this breaks-in (or doesn't). I have the Cobb and it vibrated a bit when I got it, but now that it's broken-in I don't feel it outside of first start-up or when the AC is on and the car hasn't warmed up or been driven much.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I'm curious to hear how this breaks-in (or doesn't). I have the Cobb and it vibrated a bit when I got it, but now that it's broken-in I don't feel it outside of first start-up or when the AC is on and the car hasn't warmed up or been driven much.
Yeah most of the vibration with the COBB unit is at idle with the a/c on....is it the same with the Boomba?

OP
H
Thread Starter #6
Yeah most of the vibration with the COBB unit is at idle with the a/c on....is it the same with the Boomba?
Sorry for the late reply guys, drove the car to st.george for the day and its not as bad but still bad. between 1k to 3k it vibrates like crazy shakes the whole car. It probably has about 300 ish miles on it now so hopefully this week itll mellow out some more cause right now its crazy.

Thanks for the update !

Can anyone confirm if the vibration of the COBB is the same or lesser ?

OP
H
Thread Starter #9
Sorry, I can only speak for the COBB.
I can safely say just by design the Cobb probably vibrates less... theres more bushing and it has holes in it to move more. The Boomba is literally a big piece of metal and 2 tiny bushings.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Can't wait to install boombas bushings and quick shift kit but glad I went with Cobbs RMM.

i installed my boomba RMM last week.
there is a slight vibration on start up or with the AC on at idle..
there is a slightly rougher vibration when first moving in 1st or reverse.. but not that bad (in my opinion)

seems to be very nice and smooth for the most part.

maybe i'm just used to the full poly engine mounts on my SVTF... but this thing is soooooo smooth in my FiST

^^My girlfriend said she could barely feel the difference with the boomba RMM

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thanks for the update !

Can anyone confirm if the vibration of the COBB is the same or lesser ?
I obviously haven't tried the Boomba, but my Cobb isn't even noticeable if I've been driving for about 10 miles. It vibrates on startup and once the AC has first started, but once I've gotten everything warmed up it all goes away and basically feels the same as stock. I've even gotten it to clunk on some hard launches, just like OEM.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Yeah but the Cobb RMM isn't "upsets the girlfriend" vibratey.
This post made me lol. I guess I have a dirty mind, lol. Your right though, the COBB isn't bad. On my car, it vibrates at idle with the a/c on mostly. I can't feel the difference while normal driving. I can definitely feel the difference when shifting, which is a good thing.

I obviously haven't tried the Boomba, but my Cobb isn't even noticeable if I've been driving for about 10 miles. It vibrates on startup and once the AC has first started, but once I've gotten everything warmed up it all goes away and basically feels the same as stock. I've even gotten it to clunk on some hard launches, just like OEM.
But is says COBB on it!!! haha

Kind of disappointing to hear that though. I am thinking about going the 2J-Racing route with the insert

OP
H
Thread Starter #18
It has mellowed out but still vibrates super bad between 1k and 2k and if Im cruising in 5th or 6th and give it gas itll shake through 2k to 2.5k

razorlab

1000 Post Club
It has mellowed out but still vibrates super bad between 1k and 2k and if Im cruising in 5th or 6th and give it gas itll shake through 2k to 2.5k
That sounds horrible. Looks like their video was deceiving and mine will being staying in the box it came in.