Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba RMM review

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Seems to be the first [MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION] boomba product that is not up to snuff. Everybody loves the bushings and quick shift adapter.

OP
H
Thread Starter #22
That sounds horrible. Looks like their video was deceiving and mine will being staying in the box it came in.
Dont get me wrong Its a great product, Its just not Girlfriend approved yet. Once I get 1000 miles on it Ill check back in with the results but everyday it seems to get better and better. Plus there is NO banging in 1st and 2nd. Might go to the track on friday and see how it improved my launches.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I've only heard great things about that and the bushings, when they are combined. Can't wait to install them both.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Dont get me wrong Its a great product, Its just not Girlfriend approved yet. Once I get 1000 miles on it Ill check back in with the results but everyday it seems to get better and better. Plus there is NO banging in 1st and 2nd. Might go to the track on friday and see how it improved my launches.
This is one of those 'personal preference' sort of mods that will probably have people on both sides of the fence regardless of manufacturer. What is 'too much' for some won't be enough for others and so on. The actual power that's being put out by the engine will have an effect on it along with the tune used and how the car is driven.

Definitely interested in the longer-term review. When I first installed my Cobb I thought it would be too much for me to live with in a daily-basis, but it broke in rather well and sometimes I feel like it's broken-in more than I would have liked.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
This is one of those 'personal preference' sort of mods that will probably have people on both sides of the fence regardless of manufacturer. What is 'too much' for some won't be enough for others and so on. The actual power that's being put out by the engine will have an effect on it along with the tune used and how the car is driven.

Definitely interested in the longer-term review. When I first installed my Cobb I thought it would be too much for me to live with in a daily-basis, but it broke in rather well and sometimes I feel like it's broken-in more than I would have liked.
What do you mean more than you like?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
What do you mean more than you like?
Like it hasn't been replaced-almost too soft. Not that that is a 'bad' thing, but I expected to have and don't mind a little more vibration. That's why I'm curious as to how well the Boomba breaks-in. My Cobb felt like too much on initial install, then after a while it felt perfect, then it kept breaking-in...

I'm not bashing the Cobb unit as it would work great for many, I just personally think I want a touch more stiffness.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
That makes sense. I've never had a rear motor mount so maybe I just won't know until I install it and feel it do myself.

All I know is I haven't heard one single bad review about Cobbs unit.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Definitely don't take what I'm saying as a bad review. Kind of like how some people prefer to hear BOV sounds either loud or soft when neither one is measurably 'better' for performance, I just wouldn't mind my Cobb rmm being a touch 'louder'.

Duane
if only you were closer you could get a first hand feel for the boomba..

I installed the Boomba mount today, I think its awesome. Launches are smooth and surprise-free, everything feels so tight and solid. Some vibes but really not that bad, I'm surprised people are complaining, I don't know what you expect out of a pretty solid engine mount. I drove probably 15 minutes with it on and have already gotten used to it.

XuperXero

Everyone is going to have different opinions on vibrations thus I don't expect much from reading reviews. I am however interested in Boombas over Cobb because of the Shore ratings, because I have tried several ratings before and I have found 80-85 ish to be tolerable. But then again... Some people can't even tolerate 60A...

Everyone is going to have different opinions on vibrations thus I don't expect much from reading reviews. I am however interested in Boombas over Cobb because of the Shore ratings, because I have tried several ratings before and I have found 80-85 ish to be tolerable. But then again... Some people can't even tolerate 60A...
Agreed. I want to provide good feedback for the Boomba mount, i'm very happy with it and i think it's a great product, but what i find perfect some might find too harsh and some might find not harsh enough.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have had to make my own mounts for other cars and the first time I used 95A and they may of well been solid metal. I drilled a bunch of holes in them and it helped a bit but within a week I made a new set with 80A and they were great so have made others with it as well.

I have the Cobb and find it totally acceptable but it hits my DIY chassis brace/rear undertray mount that I though was close enough to clear as moves a bit more than expected.

I have to notch the DIY brace/mount to clear the Cobb or or try the Boomba which I might do and see how well it breaks in.

Butterybunz

arggg, I just bought a Boomba mount. I didn't think there would be an increase in vibration. Should I cancel? I just read another thread that the upgraded rmm cause an increase in false knock.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I've never had any false-knock issues but I have the Cobb RMM and I'm tuned through FreekTune.

i have had the boomba for about 2200 miles.. no issues whatsoever
vibrations will get a little stronger every once in a while.. but i just pawn it off on having the ac running with a cold start..

i love this mount

XuperXero

It has mellowed out but still vibrates super bad between 1k and 2k and if Im cruising in 5th or 6th and give it gas itll shake through 2k to 2.5k
Just installed mine last night. I'd like to give feedback on this as well.

It's basically what Hunter702 says, between 1k and 2k is actually insane and unbearable... I'll upload a video later.