Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba RMM review

MOFiST

Odd. You'd think Mountune would know what they are doing... Maybe it's a typo?
Maybe someone should reach out to Mountune. I've already decided in leaving mine alone as I know Rodmoe has the shop manual and knows what he's on about.

mrtn

Maybe someone should reach out to Mountune. I've already decided in leaving mine alone as I know Rodmoe has the shop manual and knows what he's on about.
Updated my post on my thoughts as to why. But I've asked on their post on another forum. Waiting on a reply. Was also curious as to why they countersink drill the bracket.

I'm sorta confused now... I haven't even recieved my car yet but was def planning on doing the mount right away as I have read good things about stopping wheel hop and so on. Now Cobb has one boomba and mountune and they are all about the same price. The boomba and Mountune look solid where the Cobb has some holes to give it a little give. To me it would seem the two solid ones would be horrible for vibrations. I don't want to put something on my new car that's going to make it shake and rattle all over the place that would be silly to me anyway... To replace it or just leave it alone is it really worth it if your not doing drag launches all the time ?

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
I'm sorta confused now... I haven't even recieved my car yet but was def planning on doing the mount right away as I have read good things about stopping wheel hop and so on. Now Cobb has one boomba and mountune and they are all about the same price. The boomba and Mountune look solid where the Cobb has some holes to give it a little give. To me it would seem the two solid ones would be horrible for vibrations. I don't want to put something on my new car that's going to make it shake and rattle all over the place that would be silly to me anyway... To replace it or just leave it alone is it really worth it if your not doing drag launches all the time ?
All aftermarket mounts serve the same purpose, however some do it a little different than others. Upgrading your motor mount is something you'll feel in day to day driving as well. It helps with less engine movement, which results in better shifts. Also reduces wheel hop. It is something you'll feel the benefits of more than just when doing hard launches. The positives go on and on. There was a good post made by [MENTION=282]BlueBomber[/MENTION] somewhere that I can't find that summarized all the reasons why the stock RMM needs to be upgraded.

Chris G

I immediately noticed a difference in day-to-day driving with my upgraded RMM (Cobb). The 1-2 shift isn't as sloppy anymore when driving normal (shifting at 3K or so for me). Just a week before I installed my RMM I installed Boomba bracket bushings and a Boomba short shift adapter. With each additional mod, I think the driving experience has improved. I rarely romp on my car and I still like the added effect / change that the RMM has provided. It just feels that much better. When romping on it, it is a HUGE difference. That being said, this is all my personal opinion. It does vibrate and make things rattle a little bit more but these are things that I personally don't mind. If it came down to it, I would recommend any FiST owner to upgrade.

Its all personal preference, but i too thought the boomba was too stiff. Few thousand kms later I love it. The only vibes I get are from 1st gear slow speed traffic and maybe a little at idle when my foot is on the brake only, vacuum related?. What I do like is that I feel some connection to the car by the very same vibes that others are complaining about.

XuperXero

Update:

Loosened and re-tightened the bolts. Cut out all the zip ties on my exhaust hanger. Reorganized all the sh*t I had in the hatch (even though I found nothing that could cause the rattling).

Lo and behold... The rattle has now been reduced to 1.1-1.3k rpm only. But this is MUCH more tolerable. Will keep looking for source of rattle, even if I never find the source, I won't mind that much.

Thumbs up to Boomba for a solid product. FYI, I think it could be a tad bit stiffer... I still managed to wheel hop today.

5 months and about 5k miles later..

i love this mount and it has softened up some. the vibrations aren't as noticeable but they also aren't nonexistent.
i only have a slight rattle between 1k and 1.5k. again, this is nothing compared to my svt that has all poly mounts that i daily'd for years..
i still manage to get some wheel hop, but i think its more based on road conditions. i also get the "bang" on hard shifts on occasion but they are nowhere near as hard as they were with the oem mount.

Thanks Boomba for a great product.
i can't wait for poly side mounts. lol *hint hint*

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Got my boomba RMM today. This thing isn't for the faint of heart and that's comparing it against the Cobb RMM. Here is my review:
Pros:
-Clutch engagement/ feel is much more crisp.
-Heel/ toe down shifting is much easier, for me at least.
-You can feel everything that the engine is doing.
-Makes the FiST feel like a little hot rod, lol.
Cons:
-If your car has anything that can rattle, it will with this RMM.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423279885.932142.jpg

I like it so far and I plan on putting the Cobb up for sale soon. The Cobb is great, just not aggressive enough for me.

XuperXero

Update:

Check your spare tire and jack! The jack lever was causing the metallic rattle. Taped it down.

But like JPGC said... this isn't for the faint heart. I still have plastic rattling somewhere...

XuperXero

I re-installed the downpipe bracket, vibration from 2k to 3k is gone now. But the 1k to 1.5k is there again.

I can feel it breaking in. There's more engine movement now.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I re-installed the downpipe bracket, vibration from 2k to 3k is gone now. But the 1k to 1.5k is there again.

I can feel it breaking in. There's more engine movement now.
The only time mine really vibrates is when I first start moving forward in 1st. Other than that, it's not bad at all. So much easier to rev match quickly.

MOFiST

I'm the same as JPGC. Off the mark there is some cabin shudder. Beyond that minor idle vibes with A/C on. I'm going to put the DP bracket back on until the 2jr pipe goes on. Only done about 1000 miles on mine and it's already mellowed out a bit I reckon.

XuperXero

Off the line and cruising at 60-70kmh in 6th still rattles. Need to find the source... or let it break in more lol

haste

1000 Post Club
My CP-E RMM was atrocious at 1-1.5k after first installed. It's mellowed out a whole lot after 2.5k miles. I also had a vibe at about 2.8-3k initially but that didn't last long. The only time I notice the vibes is starting out in reverse or 1st or if I'm going slow in a parking lot in 2nd gear and the rpms are in that range. I usually just go to 1st gear in parking lots to avoid it all together. Miniscule vibes at idle and that doesn't change with the A/C on.

Seems like similar behavior compared to the Boomba mount.

MOFiST

Off the line and cruising at 60-70kmh in 6th still rattles. Need to find the source... or let it break in more lol
You jogged my mind there is another way I can get vibes. If I'm at low rpm in a high gear and I give it gas. I rarely drive that way though.

MOFiST

My CP-E RMM was atrocious at 1-1.5k after first installed. It's mellowed out a whole lot after 2.5k miles. I also had a vibe at about 2.8-3k initially but that didn't last long. The only time I notice the vibes is starting out in reverse or 1st or if I'm going slow in a parking lot in 2nd gear and the rpms are in that range. I usually just go to 1st gear in parking lots to avoid it all together. Miniscule vibes at idle and that doesn't change with the A/C on.

Seems like similar behavior compared to the Boomba mount.
Good to know someone has the cp-e mount. I wonder also about the breedt if anyone is running that?

XuperXero

You jogged my mind there is another way I can get vibes. If I'm at low rpm in a high gear and I give it gas. I rarely drive that way though.
My commute consists of long stretches of road at constant 70-80kmh. 35km commute each way so I'll be at this range quite often.

MOFiST

You've just installed it yes? Give it a bit of time to mellow out. For cruising though nothing is gonna beat stock for comfort. Cobb could be a better middle ground for you.