Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost Hose Kit upgrade

What is everyone’s thoughts, opinions and experience...

Deciding on if it’s a necessary to upgrade our OEM boost hose kit to say the Mountune? Are the OEM ones that bad and what real benefits would it provided to upgrade? Pros and Cons of staying with the OEM or upgrading?

Appreciate the help

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
imho, after reading a ton of feedback already on the forum here, not needed. I only upgraded the intake, crossover and hot-side charge/J pipe.

wetwea33

Absolutely no need for them, they are a waste of money imo. I'm running a hybrid that peaks at 29psi on all stock piping with a whoosh v2 intercooler. I doubled up some clamps in two spots that's common to blow off and that's it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #5
Absolutely no need for them, they are a waste of money imo. I'm running a hybrid that peaks at 29psi on all stock piping with a whoosh v2 intercooler. I doubled up some clamps in two spots that's common to blow off and that's it.

Good to know and thanks bro. Which locations are common to blow off? You were able to get another clamp on those locations? So kept the original clamp and added one more?

wetwea33

Good to know and thanks bro. Which locations are common to blow off? You were able to get another clamp on those locations? So kept the original clamp and added one more?
View: https://youtu.be/aqKnj05UrHY

If your stock turbo I doubt this is even necessary. I never had one blow off.

Se7eN

That really depends, my hotside boost hose was flexing and deforming under boost after I changed the turbo. Hot weather and high humidity might have done the rubber in earlier I guess. Car had around 38k when I swapped them for Whoosh hoses.

Now on a stock turbo there would probably never be any issue.