Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

boost leak? car dies past 4000 rpm Help

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Drivers side pipe from intercooler blew off. Gotta remove bumper and tighten it down. Any advice to make sure it is super tight? Levels front mount intercooler. Thanks for the help guys.
Actually you can fix this without removing the bumper.
I have replaced ALL the boost hoses without removing the bumper.

You don't want/need to make these clamps SUPRE tight.
Remember that the intercooler end bells are plastic (OE) and you could crack them.

Just tight is ok, then check them in a couple of days.

Dave

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Actually you can fix this without removing the bumper.
I have replaced ALL the boost hoses without removing the bumper.

You don't want/need to make these clamps SUPRE tight.
Remember that the intercooler end bells are plastic (OE) and you could crack them.

Just tight is ok, then check them in a couple of days.

Dave
Drivers side pipe from intercooler blew off. Gotta remove bumper and tighten it down. Any advice to make sure it is super tight? Levels front mount intercooler. Thanks for the help guys.
Good Advice Dave though in this case the LEVELS FMIC has metal ends with metal spacers in the adapter ends of the silicone elbows . But yes the Stock FMIC is plastic and nnot up to Heeman type torque on the clamps :)

OP
Z
Thread Starter #23
D1jl. How did you go about replacing them without bumper removed? Did you remove fog grills and lower lip guard and go from under that way.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
D1jl. How did you go about replacing them without bumper removed? Did you remove fog grills and lower lip guard and go from under that way.
I admit I was referring to the OE or mountune intercooler, both of these I have worked on.
Yes when replacing the intercooler I had to remove the bumper.
However later I installed the complete set of mountune boost hoses, I did NOT remove the bumper for this.
I was able to reach up from underneath and remove the clamps and hoses.

Dave

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I admit I was referring to the OE or mountune intercooler, both of these I have worked on.
Yes when replacing the intercooler I had to remove the bumper.
However later I installed the complete set of mountune boost hoses, I did NOT remove the bumper for this.
I was able to reach up from underneath and remove the clamps and hoses.

Dave
WOW for a old fart you are rather supple if you can get your creaky old bones to flex like that !! GOOD JOB SIR.. [cheerleader]