Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bosch Uprated Injectors

Alright wish me luck! I ordered a set of Jaguar injectors today along with extra seals so that I can attempt the 'double seal' modification myself. I figure Pumaspeed knows what they're talking about and wouldn't go through all the trouble and expense of modifying these injectors if they didn't think it was necessary. I'm a machinist and have done a lot of specialty work on lathes so I'm confident I can do it, just a little concerned about winging it with no prints or dimensions of any kind to work with. We'll see how it goes. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Alright wish me luck! I ordered a set of Jaguar injectors today along with extra seals so that I can attempt the 'double seal' modification myself. I figure Pumaspeed knows what they're talking about and wouldn't go through all the trouble and expense of modifying these injectors if they didn't think it was necessary. I'm a machinist and have done a lot of specialty work on lathes so I'm confident I can do it, just a little concerned about winging it with no prints or dimensions of any kind to work with. We'll see how it goes. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Godspeed good sir

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
OK, lets make this rabbit hole even deeper, if the Jag injectors are able to be used, why not the Jag HP fuel pump also, part #66807, it's made to work with the 62120 Jag injector. Looking at the picture of the Jag HP next to the Fiesta HP they look the same. With out having them in my hand it's hard to tell though. My thinking is this, if the 62120 injector and Jag fuel pump 66807 are used in the XKR 5L supercharged making 550hp, why would it all not work in the Fiesta. I can't find the pressure out put for the 66807, but the pressure out put for the Xtreme DI XDI-HPFP35 at 200bar/2900psi. which is supposed to be 35% over stock. The Rock Auto price for the 66807 is $156.79

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
OK, lets make this rabbit hole even deeper, if the Jag injectors are able to be used, why not the Jag HP fuel pump also, part #66807, it's made to work with the 62120 Jag injector. Looking at the picture of the Jag HP next to the Fiesta HP they look the same. With out having them in my hand it's hard to tell though. My thinking is this, if the 62120 injector and Jag fuel pump 66807 are used in the XKR 5L supercharged making 550hp, why would it all not work in the Fiesta. I can't find the pressure out put for the 66807, but the pressure out put for the Xtreme DI XDI-HPFP35 at 200bar/2900psi. which is supposed to be 35% over stock. The Rock Auto price for the 66807 is $156.79
I nominate you Old Mike to travel down the Guinea pig hole and order one up and see*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Well not saying it wouldn't work, in my experience if it looks the same it will work. But with that being said the car makes 550hp but also has 8 cylinders instead of 4 right? So the injector duty cycle would be lower than on our cars. We have a problem with piston flooding on these cars because we can only put so much fuel into the cylinders at one time. This is one of the reasons running e85 at high hp setups gets complicated. It takes 3 pumps, a surge tank and upgrading all the fuel so the hpfp upgrade, injectors and aux just to push e85 beyond 400 hp.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

I nominate you Old Mike to travel down the Guinea pig hole and order one up and see*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
You could also buy a used pump on eBay for 80 bucks. I’d be happy to test it out if I had any idea how to do it. These DI pumps run crazy high pressures so a simple bench test is probably not possible. If someone can find a solid way to test the output I will buy a pump and test it out.

its_stock

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Are there any tuners out there interested in figuring out the scaling for another pump and injector combination?

I agree that this would be a great budget option vs the XDI pump.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Well not saying it wouldn't work, in my experience if it looks the same it will work. But with that being said the car makes 550hp but also has 8 cylinders instead of 4 right? So the injector duty cycle would be lower than on our cars. We have a problem with piston flooding on these cars because we can only put so much fuel into the cylinders at one time. This is one of the reasons running e85 at high hp setups gets complicated. It takes 3 pumps, a surge tank and upgrading all the fuel so the hpfp upgrade, injectors and aux just to push e85 beyond 400 hp.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk
GDI_Operation.pdf (autonerdz.com) Interesting read

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
You could also buy a used pump on eBay for 80 bucks. I’d be happy to test it out if I had any idea how to do it. These DI pumps run crazy high pressures so a simple bench test is probably not possible. If someone can find a solid way to test the output I will buy a pump and test it out.
If I was at the point of needing it I would try it, the injectors and pump both, it will be spring before I need it.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
That most likely means they won’t be more powerful than the stock pump. :(
Not necessarily true, according to the article I posted a link to, V8 style HP pumps are capable of a range of pressure from 60psi to 2900psi and 2900 is the rated out put of the Extreme DI pump.

One step closer! I picked up some old stock injectors to mess with so I don’t have to scrap the expensive jag injectors setting up the modification process. Hopefully I’ll have time next week to start modifying them. In the meantime I made some new injectors seals. I didn’t like how Pumaspeed just doubled up on the stock seals and decided it would be better to have one proper length seal instead. I also made them about .002” oversized on the OD to ensure a good tight seal.
6E47882A-29F8-4941-912D-97C0BA3DD3ED.jpeg

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
One step closer! I picked up some old stock injectors to mess with so I don’t have to scrap the expensive jag injectors setting up the modification process. Hopefully I’ll have time next week to start modifying them. In the meantime I made some new injectors seals. I didn’t like how Pumaspeed just doubled up on the stock seals and decided it would be better to have one proper length seal instead. I also made them about .002” oversized on the OD to ensure a good tight seal.
View attachment 43167
Nice work.

When this is all said and done, how much do you want for a set of seals?
I haven't really thought about selling them yet, but I suppose it's a possibility. There would have to be a pretty good demand for them since I'd have to make several sets to get them down to a reasonable price. Making just the one set took me a couple hours but most of that was machine setup and measuring cuts. Additional sets would probably take 15-20 minutes to make once the setup is done.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I haven't really thought about selling them yet, but I suppose it's a possibility. There would have to be a pretty good demand for them since I'd have to make several sets to get them down to a reasonable price. Making just the one set took me a couple hours but most of that was machine setup and measuring cuts. Additional sets would probably take 15-20 minutes to make once the setup is done.
that actually sounds like a profitable go. You could always also think about wholesaling them if you grew tired of trying to market them to the public.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Assuming it works, would be awesome if you did it as a group buy. Make it easier for you to run multiple at the same time instead of doing several changeovers and a good gauge of what demand might look like. I’d definitely buy a set or two. Love the idea of making them yourself whether you decide to make more or not. Looking forward to seeing how they do for you