Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bosch Uprated Injectors

Someone on FB is claiming that they did some tuning with the Jag injectors alongside the 'Fiesta uprated injectors' and they did not have the same flow rates. They're saying that the Jaguar injectors only had about 10% more flow vs. 30%. I'm not sure if they're correct, and this is just one person saying this, but it's something to think about and hopefully one of these days more people can do some comparison tests. I personally don't see how they could possibly be different, since they are the same part number and they're all made by the same company, but just thought I'd pass on this info since it is seemingly the only real world testing that's been done so far.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Someone on FB is claiming that they did some tuning with the Jag injectors alongside the 'Fiesta uprated injectors' and they did not have the same flow rates. They're saying that the Jaguar injectors only had about 10% more flow vs. 30%. I'm not sure if they're correct, and this is just one person saying this, but it's something to think about and hopefully one of these days more people can do some comparison tests. I personally don't see how they could possibly be different, since they are the same part number and they're all made by the same company, but just thought I'd pass on this info since it is seemingly the only real world testing that's been done so far.
Good info, thanks. I'm about to pull the trigger on the 30% injectors from one of our vendors. I'm not going to do any pathfinding when it comes to critical parts like this. If it's the exact part with a little tweak - then that's capitalism, I'll pay the price for them.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you read that whole thread? If you did you saw my reply.

He is using biased data that his tuner is telling him, he did not install separate AFR sensors in each exhaust manifold runner to measure AFR nor did he bench flow test the injectors. The car is making an inferred data value given other data values about individual cylinder AFRs, so its not exactly easy to tell from logging data that an injector is doing anything more / less than another. The ONLY way to tell this exactly would be to bench flow the injectors and see what they are flowing compared to a NEW stock injector.

Did you read that whole thread? If you did you saw my reply.

He is using biased data that his tuner is telling him, he did not install separate AFR sensors in each exhaust manifold runner to measure AFR nor did he bench flow test the injectors. The car is making an inferred data value given other data values about individual cylinder AFRs, so its not exactly easy to tell from logging data that an injector is doing anything more / less than another. The ONLY way to tell this exactly would be to bench flow the injectors and see what they are flowing compared to a NEW stock injector.
This kind of stuff is over my head but didn't you say that his numbers would be estimates but still close?

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This kind of stuff is over my head but didn't you say that his numbers would be estimates but still close?
I said they might be, but I also don't like to have discussions with that guy. 90% of the time he has NO idea what he is talking about and just regurgitates what his tuner says, and 10% of the time he talks out of his ass. This is the same person that tried to say he made ~460whp on a 2860, 1,000ft above sea level and then ran some super dumb slow time at the track. The numbers didn't add up, and he refused to believe that his tuner was just bs-ing the dyno graph.

I said they might be, but I also don't like to have discussions with that guy. 90% of the time he has NO idea what he is talking about and just regurgitates what his tuner says, and 10% of the time he talks out of his ass. This is the same person that tried to say he made ~460whp on a 2860, 1,000ft above sea level and then ran some super dumb slow time at the track. The numbers didn't add up, and he refused to believe that his tuner was just bs-ing the dyno graph.
Oooh yea I remember that guy. That makes me a feel much better. Hopefully @Old Mike Emerson’s test will disprove those numbers and confirm the jag injectors are indeed the same. 🤞🏼

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Not trying to poke the bear but as we all know our injectors run at a lot more pressure than 60psi, for cleaning purposes that is fine. Fuel Injector Calculator from WitchHunter Performance If you use this conversion chart, it will show the minimum requirements for our engines to make 200hp. To hit the 200hp mark each injector would need to flow 393.8 cc/min or 37.5 lb/hr. 49.5 cc/min=4.7 lb/hr. Even if you use the static flow of 230 cc=21.8 lb/hr that would only support about 115hp. So with out knowing the fuel pressure of the high pressure fuel pump this paper does not tell us much.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not trying to poke the bear but as we all know our injectors run at a lot more pressure than 60psi, for cleaning purposes that is fine. Fuel Injector Calculator from WitchHunter Performance If you use this conversion chart, it will show the minimum requirements for our engines to make 200hp. To hit the 200hp mark each injector would need to flow 393.8 cc/min or 37.5 lb/hr. 49.5 cc/min=4.7 lb/hr. Even if you use the static flow of 230 cc=21.8 lb/hr that would only support about 115hp. So with out knowing the fuel pressure of the high pressure fuel pump this paper does not tell us much.
If you tested both sets together you would see a flow difference regardless of pressure.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
If you tested both sets together you would see a flow difference regardless of pressure.
Yes you would, but the info provided by Ron only showed one injector type and I'm not sure which one it is. As I said in another post payday which is the 1st I will be buying one of each to send to a injector service for testing. Stock HP pumps hits at least 2150 psi and the Extreme is good for at least 2900 psi. So 60 psi does not tell us much.

haste

1000 Post Club
Fuel Injector O-Ring Kit | FordUS

Looks like that kit would include the "tip washers" that would work. I'm not sure how else you can get them as the exploded view doesn't show separate part #s of what's included in the kit.

Maybe someone else could find them separate.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
It's solved only when he installs/tunes them and the car doesn't go boom :)
Still trying to find a place to test them, the ones that claim to test HPDI will not respond to my e-mails and the other that do respond will not test HPDI. So I have more e-mails out, hope to get a reply soon.