Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bosch Uprated Injectors

Something I don't recall seeing being discussed, I wonder if the atomization & spray pattern will be at least as good as the stock injectors?

More flow is obviously the goal here, but atomization and spray are very important. Will the testing look at this at all?

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Something I don't recall seeing being discussed, I wonder if the atomization & spray pattern will be at least as good as the stock injectors?

More flow is obviously the goal here, but atomization and spray are very important. Will the testing look at this at all?
The tips look the same, so I would think the spray pattern/ atomization would be the same.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
The VA put me on pain meds, I've tried 3 times to fill out Injection RX's paper work, I'm to stoned to do it, It will take a couple of days for me to get used to the medication. So I will get the Injectors ship after I land on the earth again. Took me 20 minutes to write this. LOL

They said that they can not test at full pressure, but higher than 60psi, as hard as it's been to even find someone to test HPDI injectors, I'll take what I can get. :unsure:
The problem is that to determine the injector slope, you need to know injector flow at various different fuel pressure points.
Giving us one value would only give us a piece of the puzzle. These are the OEM values:
injector slope.JPG

I sent an injector to SP63 about a year ago (they also do DI injector cleaning/testing), and they sent it back and told me they could not do it.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
The problem is that to determine the injector slope, you need to know injector flow at various different fuel pressure points.
Giving us one value would only give us a piece of the puzzle. These are the OEM values:
View attachment 44023

I sent an injector to SP63 about a year ago (they also do DI injector cleaning/testing), and they sent it back and told me they could not do it.
Well we will see what RX can do. If we get garbage info, I will keep looking. There has to be a shop out there that can give us good numbers.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
16.36 * 130% = 21.268, so the 298's are flowing more than a 30% increase than are the 337's but I doubt this test is valid at 72.5 PSI.

haste

1000 Post Club
Yeah, the 298s are flowing 142% compared with the 337s. Your friend is correct.