Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Bought a BPV

Trader history for johnlopez624 (0)

Hi got a boomba BPV adapter from a friend and he didnt give me the bolts, what size are they so i can buy them? he told me a size M6x1 40mm but i just want to verify.

I see forge uses
3 M6x35 socket cap bolt

i cant find what you guys use..

will those work fine?

OP
johnlopez624
Thread Starter #6
No its a BPV adapter, our cars dont have "blow off valves"

this is a spacer for inbetween the BPV.

OP
johnlopez624
Thread Starter #8
Thats fine, but thats not technically what it is. Im just trying to be technically accurate, if you called this a blow off valve to anyone i knew, they would instantly say thats not a bov.

Can someone actually answer this question

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thats fine, but thats not technically what it is. Im just trying to be technically accurate, if you called this a blow off valve to anyone i knew, they would instantly say thats not a bov.

Can someone actually answer this question
Well, let's see...from what I know the factory part is a bypass valve (BPV or diverter valve (DV) as some call it) since it redirects/ recirculates/ diverts the air back into the system. Now, once you add the Boomba Racing BOV adaptor...you actually make the setup a blow off valve (BOV) of sorts since you are now venting to air/ atmosphere.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Well, let's see...from what I know the factory part is a bypass valve (BPV or diverter valve (DV) as some call it) since it redirects/ recirculates/ diverts the air back into the system. Now, once you add the Boomba Racing BOV adaptor...you actually make the setup a blow off valve (BOV) of sorts since you are now venting to air/ atmosphere.
True story. Its a BPVBOV lol

Russ

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Dizzy Tuning 2