Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Braid 16x8 Group Buy

Trader history for PCA-1 (0)

PCA-1

Today it is Braid.

Participants:
1.gronktired-Black
2.NJBooST-Black
3.SuperchargedTundra-Gloss black
4.frankiefiesta-White
5.airjor13-White

Note, only one color can be selected per 15 sets/60 wheels ordered. As we reach 15, we will get a better picture of how things are progressing.

12/18/15: Current group buy information below:

Braid, a European wheel manufacturer, may not be a household name here in the USA, however there is no cause for concern. Braid wheels are top notch in their segments. Braid supplies wheels for professional rally use around the globe. Billed as, "The last wheel you'll ever need.", you get the idea of Braid's engineering and manufacturing prowess. Want more information, check out this and this.

Braid offers the Fullrace A, a Full Flowcast technology wheel, in the rare 16x8 size, with a stock weight of 17.6lbs.

Listed price for the 16x8 Fullrace A is $292 each. While a bit up the price chain compared to TD, these wheels are worth every penny, and group buy pricing will be much improved. One thing is for sure, if you want a 16x8 wheel for your ST, this is your only opportunity. Keep that in mind ;) .

12/21/15: Current group buy information below:

Their will be two tier pricing: Retail $292 each/$1168 per set.
-$262 each/$1048 per set + shipping, 15 set minimum up to 29 sets. This is $30 off per wheel, $120 off per wheel set.
-$242 each/$968 per set + shipping. 30+ sets. This is $50 off per wheel, $200 total off per wheel set.

All wheels have to be the same offset. I propose 44mm. Thoughts?

One color per 15 sets ordered. So the first 15 have to be the same color. The next 15 sets can be a second color. If we reach 15 sets, but not 30 sets, the sets after the first 15 have to be white. Available colors are white, satin black, and silver.

Wheel caps are now included at no additional cost.

50% deposit is required.

Two main things:
1) While there are conditions to be met (as usual), we have to work together. Compromises are likely to be necessary..
2) Understand there are three possible colors, each of which will depend on the number of sets ordered.

My thoughts:
-The majority of group buys are for one size wheel, one color, and the same offset. While TD is most flexible, they are not making the 16x8, thus this is more like a typical wheel group buy.
-These wheels are rarely discounted.
-This is your only opportunity to get 16x8 wheels for your ST.

Questions/thoughts, ask!

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Unfortunate because I really would like a 16x8 wheel eventually. There's actually a braid dealer in my state so if all else fails I might have to pay full price. No other 16x8 in our bolt pattern? Maybe 4x100 conversion would be a better option

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #9
Unfortunate because I really would like a 16x8 wheel eventually. There's actually a braid dealer in my state so if all else fails I might have to pay full price. No other 16x8 in our bolt pattern? Maybe 4x100 conversion would be a better option
No 16x8/4x108 that I know of, or a company who will make them other than Braid.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
16" wheels which are nearly perfect for our cars is just a dead alley to most manf as not enough volume. To get quality wheels made in that size is going to cost a bit but when you consider the benefits versus the cost compared to many other mods it is a very good way to go, especially so if they fit off the shelf BBKs which I hope they will.

The number one performance upgrade is going to be how well the tires grip the road which has many aspects to consider, 16x8 that fit with appropriate tires is the best all around solution unless willing to spend the time and a lot more money on other avenues to get the same results.

I know, I have done it.

Most highly respect PCA for pursuing this beyond all others for us.

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #11
16" wheels which are nearly perfect for our cars is just a dead alley to most manf as not enough volume. To get quality wheels made in that size is going to cost a bit but when you consider the benefits versus the cost compared to many other mods it is a very good way to go, especially so if they fit off the shelf BBKs which I hope they will.

The number one performance upgrade is going to be how well the tires grip the road which has many aspects to consider, 16x8 that fit with appropriate tires is the best all around solution unless willing to spend the time and a lot more money on other avenues to get the same results.

I know, I have done it.

Most highly respect PCA for pursuing this beyond all others for us.
Thank you!

I am doing what I can to bring this size to the community. Not giving up!

If we need to discuss this, I welcome your comments. Feedback may make a difference.

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #15
I'm in for black as well. I'll need center caps too.
Copy that ;). Caps are now included at no cost!!!

Participants:
1.gronktired-Black
2.NJBooST-Black

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #18
Throw me on the list...gloss black
On the list!

Participants:
1.gronktired-Black
2.NJBooST-Black

Note, only one color can be selected per 15 sets/60 wheels ordered. As we reach 15, we will get a better picture of how things are progressing.

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #19
You too!!!

Participants:
1.gronktired-Black
2.NJBooST-Black
4.frankiefiesta-White