Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake Drag After Stainless Lines and Fluid Flush

Hello all,

I just finished installing new stoptech stainless steel lines and completely flushed the old fluid with motul RBF 660. After bleeding the brakes using the pedal method my brakes seem to drag while the car is on, however, while the car is off I have no issues. The weird part is if I lift up on the pedal, they seem to stop dragging until I press down on the pedal again. All vacuum lines seem to be fine to the master cylinder. Completely lost on this, as the pedal doesn't seem to be staying down because the brake lights turn off when the pedal is released.

Any help is much appreciated, I want to tear the stock system out and just put a pedal box in at this point.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
ABS system might need to be cycled* You will need Forscan and the connector to do it yourself.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
ABS system might need to be cycled* You will need Forscan and the connector to do it yourself.
I have Forscan with the extended license, is it the Service Bleed function, or the learning functions? Also when I start moving the car, it says hill start assist is unavailable.

Check the switches behind the brake pedal, they seem to go out of adjustment when the brake pedal is pushed with force to the floor during bleeding, causing issues with the ABS pump. It's a wacky system that's for sure.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Check the switches behind the brake pedal, they seem to go out of adjustment when the brake pedal is pushed with force to the floor during bleeding, causing issues with the ABS pump. It's a wacky system that's for sure.
Yes do this. So many mysterious brake issues have been the switches.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

As for the hill assist: I had like 2 weeks of the original warranty when I got my car and had the same issue. The dealer fixed it by replacing the brake switch.

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
I bent the pedal switch contacts to see if it would fully depress the switches, but that didn't fix it. I ended up getting frustrated and just pulled on the pedal hard, and it seems to be working now. I ordered replacements for both switches and seems have been working until my RMM sheared off and cracked the transmission casing.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Hmmm. Makes me wonder if my missing mpg is due to the slight brake drag. Last couple years havent been kind to the brakes

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have forscan extended license and it doesn't have the component bleeding feature like this one does. It just has abs module bleed.
Yeap....I contacted Forskin about this and they know about it. They haven't done anything either....I just bled my module and manually bled all 4 calipers.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk