Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

brake pads. how much meat left?

IMG_20150506_113426.jpg IMG_20150506_115928.jpg So I changed my stock brake pads after 10000 miles this past weekend. Mostly DDing and only 2 track days. Took two pictures old vs new. Does the old ones look like still has some life left? Or should I toss them out? Can you run the pad material completely down then change?

Thanks[:)]

XuperXero

That's a LOT of life left. I usually change when the pad material is less than 2mm from the back plate. Throwing it away would be a waste...

rexdriver85

You still have about 40% life left in those old pads. You can run them down to 1/32 if you like, just make sure you don't let the friction material completely go away, or you'll be metal on metal and you're rotors will be destroyed.

Good rule of thumb is about 2/32 or around 2mm, too keep it safe.

Here in PA for state inspection 2/32 is the state minimum, below and it fails.

Our factory wheels are so easy to look inside of that as long as you monitor them you can run them down safely and get all your money's worth.

Edit: spelling, too early lol.

OP
L
Thread Starter #5
Thanks! I will put them back in once I go through my current set!