Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake pads

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I thought the front pads were sourced from a transVan or whatever they call them in the UK

Any solution to alternative pads than Fraud OEM ones? They want to rip me a new a-hole over here for a set of pads, in the region of $300.

me32

1000 Post Club
Any solution to alternative pads than Fraud OEM ones? They want to rip me a new a-hole over here for a set of pads, in the region of $300.
Im sure you can get OEM pads online much cheaper than where you got that price

Amazon and Rockauto are both quite good price wise for Motorcraft pads. Just picked up fronts and rears for myself and was quite pleased with the prices.

I absolutely hate what came stock, has anyone changed their bakes and found something they love? I had akibono brakes on my Mini Cooper and they were fantastic but idk if anyone had other suggestions?
I just recently changed my pads on my 2014 fist, they ended up close to metal on metal in just a year. Today i changed my pads to the only store that sold them. If your in southern California there is a store call One Stop that sells pads for only $36 after taxes and there better than the stock pads. The ones at autozone would either have to be ordered or dont even carry them. I can check tomorrow if you want because that's where i work.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
For true OE pads at wholesale price you could try Steve at Tasca Parts 800-598-1484.
I know they can also ship worldwide.

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Though many complaints about the OEM pads they are high performance pads and most all such pads make more dust and do not last as long as the pads that come on nearly all vehicles from the factory. They make the brakes work better for many uses where a lesser pad would be much less than optimal.

They are what are used on the Octane Academny cars which are maintained by the Ford race shop at the track by race car mechanics and I specifically asked the shop manager about them, they get around 6 months use per set up front and server their needs perfectly on cars used for what they were built to do:)

There are different reasons people want or need different pads so saying one pad is better than another depends on those things for your particular situation, nothing a general statement can cover.

For those that drive a lot but want to track the car, autocross, etc, it is usually best to have pads for those events and longer lasting, cleaner pads for the street, not many pads can do both well, if any at all.

Rick