Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake rattling/clicking - Need 2nd opinion

Hey all,

I've got that rattling/clicking that sounds like its coming from my passenger side (could be driver or both?) whenever I apply the brakes at low speeds.
I hear it happening when even when I tap the brakes and let it cruise in a low speed to a stop. The sound goes away when i'm almost at a complete stop. (so it seems)
I took the car to my mechanic and he took it for a test drive. He told me my rotors and pads are fine and and it might be the bushings in the LCA or the LCAs completely that need to be replaced.
I've also read in the forums that it could also just be a clip on the brake pads/calipers (correct me if I am wrong) that wasn't installed properly. I haven't found anything in the forums talking about LCAs causing the clicking sounds, just knocks.

can anyone shed some light on what it can be before I stupidly buy something I don't need?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I would take off the wheel and take a wrench to every bolt:
Swaybar links top and bottom (2)
Brake caliper bracket (bracket to wheel hub) (2)
Brake caliper bracket (bracket to caliper) (2)
Lower control arm (3)
Strut to hub (2)
Tie rod end (1)

Less likely things to check
passenger side motor mount(4?)
Top of strut (3)
Steering rack to subframe (3)
Strut NVM mass/weight dampener (1)

Once you are certain that everything that can be tightened is in fact tight, then I would worry about bushings. LCA's are not very expensive. I am not certain how a brakepad clip could be installed wrong, but I guess anything is possible. Watch a youtube on how it should look or compare to the drivers side. All the above is asuming that the noise is only coming from the passenger side. Wouldnt hurt to do all the above on the drivers side as well.