Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brakepads

Is that range supposed to be 0*F-1000*F, above??
No, either my memory was bad (likely), or possibly the wording as changed (less likely). They currently say the "optimal range" is lower with the DTC-30 vs. the HP+, but I suspect that's simply because the HP+ generates more friction after 300F, whereas the DTC-30 has peak at 100F. It kind of looks like they've reformulated the DTC-30 as well, so my experience may not apply, but it doesn't change my mistake with both the old/new DTC-30. :) The old DTC-30 also has very different peak friction characteristics and characteristics at higher temperatures.

This is the old friction chart

This is the new one"

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So the DTC 30 is actually a MORE 'streetable' pad than the HP+?!? [???:)]
(Save for the same or worse noise and accelerated rotor wear.)

I always just took for granted that the DTC 30 was a full on track pad ONLY, albeit not as aggressive/high temp a one as their higher model number pads. [dunno]

Anyone tried the Mountune Track pads? I installed them with StopTech Rotors and they perform well. I run them daily but have done two track days with them. I did finally fade them towards the end of a session, but that was before I flushed the fluid and did new lines. I'll be at AMP for two days in May so curious to see if there is a difference or if I'm going to need a BBK and some cooling.

ronmcdon

who makes their pads?

With brakes, I think it's generally safer to go with fluid, pads, maybe something like boomba deflectors before upgrading to bbk. I've never had brake fade issues beyond that, but I also like to keep power levels not far from stock and maybe Im not hard enough on the brakes at track events.

Even if you don't care about spending extra, often times there's still compromises with finding wheels that fit and then losing some turn in with less offset. sharp turn in, imo is one of the reasons the fiesta st is such a fun car to drive. I would rather go through the hassle of changing pads at the track if needed be (have not had the need to do that yet) then go with a bbk, but thats just me.

Last edited:
who makes their pads?

With brakes, I think it's generally safer to go with fluid, pads, maybe something like boomba ducts before upgrading to bbk. I've never had brake fade issues beyond that, but I also like to keep power levels not far from stock and maybe Im not hard enough on the brakes at track events.

Even if you don't care about spending extra, often times there's still compromises with finding wheels that fit and then losing some turn in with less offset. sharp turn in, imo is one of the reasons the fiesta st is such a fun car to drive. I would rather go through the hassle of changing pads at the track if needed be (have not had the need to do that yet) then go with a bbk, but thats just me.
I'm not sure who makes them. And I'm with you. I exclusively run AMP, which isn't insanely hard on brakes other than coming into Turn 1. And I keep it close to stock power as well.

What I did find in my last outing is, now that I have a radiator and the car doesn't overheat after two hard laps, is a session is considerably longer and faster, so I'm leaning into the brakes a lot more. Hoping lines and fluid are the solution.

ronmcdon

I'm not sure who makes them. And I'm with you. I exclusively run AMP, which isn't insanely hard on brakes other than coming into Turn 1. And I keep it close to stock power as well.

What I did find in my last outing is, now that I have a radiator and the car doesn't overheat after two hard laps, is a session is considerably longer and faster, so I'm leaning into the brakes a lot more. Hoping lines and fluid are the solution.
I have a hunch you probably should be good. I've driven so far at Chuckwalla and Streets of Willow. Likely will do Buttonwillow next month or later. These as I understand it are tighter more technical tracks and I have no issue with my ebc orange front / yellow rear, endless brake fluid, ss line, boomba deflector, stock rotor setup. Like you I have no issues with overheating or heat soak since I run upgraded radiator, oil cooler and fmic. also 200tw tires. power wise on cobb ots stage 2 tune so nothing that would stress the brakes out too much. With what OP is running maybe that's insufficient.

for the hell of it will try carbotech ax6 pads next.

OP
L
Thread Starter #48
I have a hunch you probably should be good. I've driven so far at Chuckwalla and Streets of Willow. Likely will do Buttonwillow next month or later. These as I understand it are tighter more technical tracks and I have no issue with my ebc orange front / yellow rear, endless brake fluid, ss line, boomba deflector, stock rotor setup. Like you I have no issues with overheating or heat soak since I run upgraded radiator, oil cooler and fmic. also 200tw tires. power wise on cobb ots stage 2 tune so nothing that would stress the brakes out too much. With what OP is running maybe that's insufficient.

for the hell of it will try carbotech ax6 pads next.
For sure, previously when I was just custom tune on stock turbo I had no issues with brakes. The issues didn't start until I got the S280 and cranked it up to almost boom-boom territory, lol. I think it just comes down to, all the extra speed on straight-aways and having to use the brakes a lot more.

ronmcdon

So, had my EBC Orange stuff front pads & Yellow rear replaced with Hawk DTC 30 today front and rear, along with Stoptech oem rotors.

Orange stuff seemed to be working okay to me other than not having a lot of compound left, but mechanic said they had really melted down. The rear Yellowstuffs were in really good condition however and had plenty of life left.
So far with street use even before fully bedding in, bite pretty aggressive and they give awesome feedback. I like it more than Hawk HP+ in brake feel (have that on my evo), although not sure it was good idea to get DTC 30s front and rear. Rear end feels a tad bit nervous. Maybe should have gotten HP+ for rears.

Otherwise I think the pads are pretty streetable. They squeal a bit at lower speeds when coming to a stop but did not get bad attention from drivers. Theoretically should be better on the track, but wont get to test them for a few months. if one is not concerned about stuff like brake dust, rotor wear, brakes being loud they are awesome so far.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Suspension, Brakes & Chassis 0