Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BravoAlpha intercooler install

TemecFist

I would think the benefits of a larger IC are somewhat negated if the charge pipes are pinched. The volumetric efficiency debate would definitely be off the table. Lol
Just my .02

Erick_V

I will admit ...it would be great if there was another hotside hose that came with it so it didn't kink without modifying the hose.
Do you have stock hoses? I've been looking into this and I already have the whoosh hotside w/ the "S" pipe

Erick_V

I keep all my stock stuff!
Interesting. I wonder if it would be better or even worse with aftermarket hoses. However, the aftermarket hoses don't flex nearly as much as the upgraded ones which I imagine would cause some fitment issues unless the fitment is 90% ok. Modified life is great, huh? Lol

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #86
Interesting. I wonder if it would be better or even worse with aftermarket hoses. However, the aftermarket hoses don't flex nearly as much as the upgraded ones which I imagine would cause some fitment issues unless the fitment is 90% ok. Modified life is great, huh? Lol
I have the Whoosh boost hose kit* that what was used on the install. I just wish there was a better hose for the hotside is what I meant./ or was reinforced to not collapse at certain angles. Maybe a more rigid one*

Last edited:
OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #87
So is there any aftermarket piping that does directly fit the bravo without any cutting or pinching?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So is there any aftermarket piping that does directly fit the bravo without any cutting or pinching?

Nope. You will need to modify your silicone hoses. The stock hoses don't seem to be as bad.

Nope. You will need to modify your silicone hoses. The stock hoses don't seem to be as bad.
Huh, alright, yea I have a whole bunch of things I need to put on but no time or the experience really, so it'll be a lot of firsts and a hard learnin curve

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Huh, alright, yea I have a whole bunch of things I need to put on but no time or the experience really, so it'll be a lot of firsts and a hard learnin curve

its pretty straight forward. Ron sells a more compatible hot side hose separately from his kit, but I havent seen anyone use it yet.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #93
Follow the Install. It isn't that hard! Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TemecFist

Honestly, just save yourself a headache and get Ron's V3. I seriously doubt you would see any gain with the Bravo IC over his V3

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #95
Honestly, just save yourself a headache and get Ron's V3. I seriously doubt you would see any gain with the Bravo IC over his V3
I came from an aftermarket intercooler. This is a one and done kind of intercooler. It will allow for room to grow also. I wish this was around when I bought an intercooler for my Gen2.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #97
I was when I had my other aftermarket intercooler. It heat soaked and was basically a pressure cooker for my Turbo. I was told this by my tuner....got Bravoalpha. End of story....it handles everything thrown at it. It is the pretty much the same measurements as the notorious DHM unit of the past....except the price is way more attractive and doesn't need have the crash bar replaced.

Plus, I already have it, I bought not last year when I bought my other parts, just haven't had the time to put it on

jayrod1980

For those that have done this install... were you able to attach the front splash shield screws? If so maybe my crashbar is aligned too low. I had to remove the middle plastic bracket shown and none of the three bolts align now for the splash shield to bolt to the radiator support. Still kind of attaches but the IC currently hangs too low to line that up.

Attachments