Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BravoAlpha intercooler install

TDavis

1000 Post Club
That looks great!!! What are these "modifications" you speak of? Lol
I think what he means is you have to cut that center black piece you see in his picture thats attached to the stock crash bar with the crash sensors on it. The AlphaBravo intercooler uses that for mounting. Pretty clean and easy. I plan to do that once I get the crash bar and intercooler

I think what he means is you have to cut that center black piece you see in his picture thats attached to the stock crash bar with the crash sensors on it. The AlphaBravo intercooler uses that for mounting. Pretty clean and easy. I plan to do that once I get the crash bar and intercooler
Exactly, this!
Thank you

jayrod1980

That looks awesome! My only concern, having both the DHM parts and the Bravo Alpha now, is with how close the BA IC sits relative to the radiator. From using both I can say that the BA IC with stock crashbar is very tight against the plastic radiator brace. It’s so tight it actually pushes against it, which drives up coolant temps compared to the DHM. This is with the Mountune radiator BTW, not stock.

I’m curious to know if this set up you have gives a little more space between the IC and radiator. I’m thinking of having my cracked DHM end tank rewelded and sell the BA for that reason, despite them both having similar intake temps. The DHM IC is awesome, but since it doesn’t have cast end tanks, there is the danger of cracking like I experience if you have any hard parts touching. I was foolish and didn’t allow enough space between my hard IC piping and the end tank couplers. Constant contact during bumps and engine vibration likely caused my cold side end tank to crack.

There’s obviously no such danger of this happening with the BA IC. Still, coolant temps were much better with the DHM IC installed due to the increased gap between the IC and radiator.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
That looks awesome! My only concern, having both the DHM parts and the Bravo Alpha now, is with how close the BA IC sits relative to the radiator. From using both I can say that the BA IC with stock crashbar is very tight against the plastic radiator brace. It’s so tight it actually pushes against it, which drives up coolant temps compared to the DHM. This is with the Mountune radiator BTW, not stock.

I’m curious to know if this set up you have gives a little more space between the IC and radiator. I’m thinking of having my cracked DHM end tank rewelded and sell the BA for that reason, despite them both having similar intake temps. The DHM IC is awesome, but since it doesn’t have cast end tanks, there is the danger of cracking like I experience if you have any hard parts touching. I was foolish and didn’t allow enough space between my hard IC piping and the end tank couplers. Constant contact during bumps and engine vibration likely caused my cold side end tank to crack.

There’s obviously no such danger of this happening with the BA IC. Still, coolant temps were much better with the DHM IC installed due to the increased gap between the IC and radiator.
Forgive my ignorance but how could the BA be against the radiator? Do you mean the condenser? The condenser is what sits right behind the intercooler then the radiator

This is the first I've heard of an increase in coolant temps with our kit...
I've personally used this intercooler setup in road racing with a 2867r kit while keeping Coolant Temp in check. I did, however, utilize a mishimoto thermostat. But I still used the factory radiator.
We have a plethora of customers running our IC kit without issue.

If you have data, please post logs if possible. Or shoot me a PM or email.

Sorry to hear of your issues!

-Pat

I was wondering about the splash guard underneath, did you omit it or what because been doing the install thisbweek and the arms aren't long enough to attach to the front of the crash bar from below the intercooler

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Also what are the two screw holes at the bottom of the intercooler for

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The DHM IC is awesome, but since it doesn’t have cast end tanks, there is the danger of cracking like I experience if you have any hard parts touching. I was foolish and didn’t allow enough space between my hard IC piping and the end tank couplers. Constant contact during bumps and engine vibration likely caused my cold side end tank to crack.

The DHM uses brazed sheet aluminum for the end tanks?

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #112
Also what are the two screw holes at the bottom of the intercooler for

Those are Thread bosses I do believe for when they make the intercooler @ the manufacturer.*

NOPE* if you are referring to the splash shield that connects to the air dam*
Can you post a picture? I currently just didn't put the splash shield back on as it couldn't connect back to the crash bar

Or someone who has done the install and put the splash shoeld back on

Erick_V

Or someone who has done the install and put the splash shoeld back on

I'm assuming the one that can be seen right under, almost touching the intercooler when looking from the front. I have a whoosh V2? From what I remember mine was super close. I don't remember which one I have but I'm also curious about this because the BA and whoosh V3 are on my list of things to upgrade to this year. Mine is decently bent from my collision with a shredded semi tire a year ago lol