Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BravoAlpha intercooler install

I'm assuming the one that can be seen right under, almost touching the intercooler when looking from the front. I have a whoosh V2? From what I remember mine was super close. I don't remember which one I have but I'm also curious about this because the BA and whoosh V3 are on my list of things to upgrade to this year. Mine is decently bent from my collision with a shredded semi tire a year ago lol
Ah Yea it's deeps for sure and is up against the inside of the crash bar but other than that and hangs a little low, but even without the splash guard I'm not hearing any scraping or anything, also at stock height though too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

slopoke

Here are pics of what went back on, in regards to the front bumper cover. All I can remember is that it took a bit of pulling and stretching some plastic to make everything fit.

20190228_181124.jpg 20190301_181940.jpg

Here are pics of what went back on, in regards to the front bumper cover. All I can remember is that it took a bit of pulling and stretching some plastic to make everything fit.

View attachment 37434 View attachment 37435
And the two plastic hanging pieces of the splash guard reached up to the crash bar for you? Huh

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #124
Hmmmm...if this is indeed the shield everyone is referring to...Mine is on just fine, I did not use the thread bosses Like slowpoke*

Hmmmm...if this is indeed the shield everyone is referring to...Mine is on just fine, I did not use the thread bosses Like slowpoke*
Mine literally couldn't reach so that wouldn't even be possible

Erick_V

Yes, those ones are what I'm curious about. I figured it would take some force which I'm ok with because that stuff doesn't move much under engine movement. @Kinnaird are you talking about the 2 little straps? A lot of people trim those just a bit to fit large IC's like the whoosh V3, etc.

Yes, those ones are what I'm curious about. I figured it would take some force which I'm ok with because that stuff doesn't move much under engine movement. @Kinnaird are you talking about the 2 little straps? A lot of people trim those just a bit to fit large IC's like the whoosh V3, etc.
The two straps that go up, Yea, because those don't reach down to the bottom of the ic, i could cut those off, secure the backside of the splash guard to the ic etc, and the front bumper, just wasn't sure, also didn't think about that until now, i thought those had to connect to the crash bar

My car was a 2018. I don't have it anymore, but IIRC there was one piece that I could not re-install. I do believe it's the flat section referred to as the "inner shield" referenced on the parts diagram url below.

https://www.varsityfordparts.com/v-2018-ford-fiesta--st--1-6l-l4-gas/body--radiator-support
I wish these websites had real pictures and not diagrams lmao, and I'm not sure I think there's a few pieces i chose not to put back on, the inner shield couldn't because it hooked to the stock radiator stuff i believe

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #132
The inner shield needs to come out as I stated and showed in my DIY install at the beginning of the thread* There is no way to connect/hang the BA intercooler without its removal.

TDavis

1000 Post Club

View attachment 37434 View attachment 37435
Clever move deciding to cut a hole and actually using those threaded bosses fasten it down

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #135
Clever move deciding to cut a hole and actually using those threaded bosses fasten it down
Just more stuff to un-bolt* Thats my view of it. But it doesn't hurt thats for sure!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #137
As promised, attached are the pics of the piece i couldnt reinstall. The second pic focuses on the arms that went up to the crashbar from beneath/in front of the intercooler that are too short now to put back on.
I see ....its the strap. That went the way of the DODO after my Whoosh intercooler was installed as it would no longer fit also* So....in the end i cut that off just like it was 127 hours.

I see ....its the strap. That went the way of the DODO after my Whoosh intercooler was installed as it would no longer fit also* So....in the end i cut that off just like it was 127 hours.

Lmao Yea I'm thinkin next time cut off them little nubs of arms and just let it kinda float in there, right now i got the lower bumper zip tied to the car to avoid movement haha, fuckin zip tied are great, they're also holding in half my radiator bleeder screw as part of it broke during my mountune radiator install haha

TDavis

1000 Post Club
As promised, attached are the pics of the piece i couldnt reinstall. The second pic focuses on the arms that went up to the crashbar from beneath/in front of the intercooler that are too short now to put back on.
Yeah I've done what others have already done. When I installed my Whoosh V1 intercooler I just cut those off. Doesn't affect how the splash shield is placed

Ford Community Posts