Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Broken off Accessport cable release button(s)

Has your Accessport cable release button broken off?
Have you called COBB only to be told that a new cable is $70?
Outrageous.

Luckily, I have a 3D printer and Thingiverse user wrxsti15 came up with a quick little print to fix the issue.

I will print a bunch if anyone needs one to fix their cable.

Shoot me $2.00 to cover the postage, non-machinable thickness charge, envelope and print material cost, and I'll send you one.
Add 50 cents for each additional clip.
As you can probably see, I'm not trying to make any money on this, but getting it to you guys at cost. COBB charging 70 bucks for a cable just doesn't sit right with me.

Original project here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2223094

PXL_20210719_180156324.jpg
PXL_20210719_193336324.jpg
PXL_20210719_193352655.jpg

Last edited:
OP
mark_SC
Thread Starter #3
How many can we get? Black only?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I hadn't thought about sending more than one... do you have multiple broken cables? I can send you a few if you need them. How about 50 cents extra for each additional?
I'm currently printing a batch in black, but I could be convinced to print some in different colors. Edit: sending these out is more work than I realized, given the restrictions on envelope thickness and whatnot. I'm going to keep it to black only just to make it as simple as possible on myself.

Last edited:

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Cobb replaced mine for free twice (different cars). Did you call them? I had an older version apparently.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Cobb replaced mine for free as well. It’s kind of a thing of call them up they tell you how much the cable costs you go wow. Then they ask you to send a pic of your broken cable and wind up giving it to you for free. At least thats what happened with me. I guess the pics were to verify the cable failed. So they could make the excuse of replacing without it charge.

OP
mark_SC
Thread Starter #7
Cobb replaced mine for free twice (different cars). Did you call them? I had an older version apparently.
Cobb replaced mine for free as well. It’s kind of a thing of call them up they tell you how much the cable costs you go wow. Then they ask you to send a pic of your broken cable and wind up giving it to you for free. At least thats what happened with me. I guess the pics were to verify the cable failed. So they could make the excuse of replacing without it charge.
Yeah... I called them this morning. I did the whole "WOW, $70 for a cable?!?" thing. Even mentioned other forums where people got theirs replaced. The CSR rep was having none of it. I asked if there was a discount to send back the broken unit... "No, sorry." Guess you guys got a better service rep or something. I can try calling again, but it sure seemed like a non-starter.