Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Built by a geek - My salvaged 2014

I'm pretty sure my FiST qualifies as a build project lol

tempImageEf0tdB.jpg

I just picked up this salvaged 2014 from a local recycler. It has roughly 71k kms (44k miles) on it and was hit on the front. There doesn't appear to be any structural damage and none of the airbags were deployed.

I've started a YouTube channel for my builds cuz I hear that's all the rage these days. My instagram (@Builtbyageek) is the best place to follow, but I will do my best to document in this thread as well.

Here's the first video from when I picked it up last week.

View: https://youtu.be/769vFmsNsJE

Look forward to sharing my build and learning from you guys.

Cheers! 🍻

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
In for updates. Going to watch the video tonight. Judging by the looks of the front end, the previous owner was about an inch or two away from hitting at least 1 of the front impact sensors and making this car cost a lot more. Curious how much you paid for this one?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Good video, nicely done. Subbed. My suggestion is to go with the Mishimoto radiator and shroud. Very easy to pull fan and controller off your shroud which looks like it isn't useable. That's what I did it and worked out fairly well.

OP
Builtbyageek
Thread Starter #4
In for updates. Going to watch the video tonight. Judging by the looks of the front end, the previous owner was about an inch or two away from hitting at least 1 of the front impact sensors and making this car cost a lot more. Curious how much you paid for this one?
I’ll probably do a cost break down once it’s done, but I paid $4k CAD (roughly $3200 USD)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect it to be perfect and wearing a Ford/Gulf GT40 wrap within the year. Seriously, get the wrap, it would be legendary. Especially if you swap in an RS powertrain. Note that has been done, I've heard several reports of a 4WD Fiesta that likes to hunt Hellcats in hte Detroit area.

OP
Builtbyageek
Thread Starter #7
I expect it to be perfect and wearing a Ford/Gulf GT40 wrap within the year. Seriously, get the wrap, it would be legendary. Especially if you swap in an RS powertrain. Note that has been done, I've heard several reports of a 4WD Fiesta that likes to hunt Hellcats in hte Detroit area.
Whoaaaa… easy there scooter. Lol. You over estimate my abilities. [emoji38]

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Small video update. I’ve been busy ordering parts so the next one *should* be a bigger update.

I (very briefly) start the Fiesta - Salvaged Fiesta ST Part 2
View: https://youtu.be/R6bx_l8mazw

Watched your video - was realllllly hoping you would check the oil before you started it :(

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Don't worry, I did. It just didn't make the final cut because the camera man is pretty shitty. I should fire him.
Hard to find good help these days. My salvage track rebuild is getting an S280 installed next week then hitting the track in August. I probably should have gotten on the YT train as well but oh well. I'm pulling almost ALL stock parts off my car so if you find yourself needing something random let me know - not sure what shipping would cost but we can talk about it.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Jeesh! I need a cigarette and a nap now!

OP
Builtbyageek
Thread Starter #13
Hard to find good help these days. My salvage track rebuild is getting an S280 installed next week then hitting the track in August. I probably should have gotten on the YT train as well but oh well. I'm pulling almost ALL stock parts off my car so if you find yourself needing something random let me know - not sure what shipping would cost but we can talk about it.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I ended up finding a guy who’s turning his into a race car as well so I managed to score a few parts off of him. I’ll let you know if I end up needing anything else.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Just watched it, it was a good one. Did you pop an airbag or seatbelt? That could explain the light. You need to have the control module reprogrammed when you replace those parts.

OP
Builtbyageek
Thread Starter #20
No, air bag and seat belts are fine. This will be in the next video, but the replacement air bag sensors I got (from a junk yard) are faulty. I've confirmed that I have one good one and one bad one (using FORscan). I have a new sensor on order from Ford and should be in this week.

Next major thing I need to figure out is headlights. Anyone order euro DEPO brand from cars245.com can tell me everything I need to purchase to make them work?