Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Busy week

I sold my 911 Cabriolet earlier this week (pic attached). Great car and lots of fun but time to move on. Had it for 6 years and the only real time to sell is the spring, so she's gone.
I called the Tire Doctor yesterday and scheduled an appointment for them to come to the house today and swap winter/summer tires on the rims.
I got these Sport Edition SE-16's with Blizzaks for the winter but they were hard to keep clean.
Now my winter setup will be the Blizzaks on the stock Rado Grey wheels and in summer I'll use the Sport Editions with the stock Bridgestone's.

Fiesta Neww wheels.JPG DS rear.jpg

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Love the backdrop. It would have a hard time parting ways with a Porsche lol.

OP
scottiemac
Thread Starter #4
Thanks guys. There are some great driving roads in them there hills!
MK, yes tough to sell the Porsche but if you have a minute, Google Porsche IMS failure. While I never had any issues, lots of people have suffered catastrophic engine failures. If the bearing goes, an new engine is in order with a big $$$ price tag.
I've got to tell you though that this Fiesta is a huge amount of fun. It makes me smile every time i drive it.[:)]

I heard about that same issue from a high school friend who recently bought a used Porsche. Another guy asked him if he had that checked before purchase.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thanks guys. There are some great driving roads in them there hills!
MK, yes tough to sell the Porsche but if you have a minute, Google Porsche IMS failure. While I never had any issues, lots of people have suffered catastrophic engine failures. If the bearing goes, an new engine is in order with a big $$$ price tag.
I've got to tell you though that this Fiesta is a huge amount of fun. It makes me smile every time i drive it.[:)]
I never knew about that. Its amazing how widespread this problem is that there was a class action settlement against Porsche.

OP
scottiemac
Thread Starter #7
The problems started showing up on the early Boxster's in 1997 (same engine family as the 911) and continued until they changed the engine design in 2007 or 2008.
Porsche was very secretive about information and if an engine blew up in warranty they would just pull the old one out and plug a new one in.
The dealers didn't even tear them down. They got shipped right back to Germany.
I've owned a number of German cars from all the big brands and you can't beat Porsche for arrogance - right up there with BMW.[rant]