Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BW EBooster being tested.

I caught the end of a segment on Motorweek where Borg Warner is testing a new electrically powered turbo supplement where it helps instantly spool to 7 psi while waiting for the larger turbo to light. Having big turbo power without lag sounds awesome. Think compound turbo or supercharged to aid in low rpm spool. Let's hope they come up with a production ready solution.

http://www.motorweek.org/features/over_the_edge/turbo-lag

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I was just on the BW website but I have no idea how to buy one. Great idea and would allow big turbo power with no lag. I want it

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think that they've been around awhile but nothing in production, yet. Variable Geometry was another "let's try this..., maybe not" turbo, at least for gas-fueled cars. The reliability, simplicity, and economy of a twin scroll is pretty hard to beat in the real world.

I think that they've been around awhile but nothing in production, yet. Variable Geometry was another "let's try this..., maybe not" turbo, at least for gas-fueled cars. The reliability, simplicity, and economy of a twin scroll is pretty hard to beat in the real world.
They make them but it may just be for certain applications. The first ones were going into Mercedes. Being able to install one right after the ic is nice. Twin scroll needs 2 wastegates right? Is there room? I can’t remember if Peron used 2

A twin scroll needs to divert 1+3 and 2+4 separately. Is this purely a function of the manifold?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wait, the firing order of the EB 1.6 is 1342, so 1+4 and 2+3 need to be combined.