Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Can a tune eliminate rev-hang and deactivate torque vectoring?

Trader history for MauiRoads (0)

Your website, for the Stage 1 tune says you provide On/Off for Shift Assist or "rev-hang". The difference between those is discussed in another thread: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...hift-assist-rev-hang.16190/page-3#post-487630

Would you please respond to that thread? We're trying to find out whether a tune can eliminate or reduce the slow rpm-drop in general ("rev-hang")...not the shift-assist feature.
Also, would you please let us know if you can tune to allow on/off for the torque-vectoring system, which remains active even when traction control is turned off.

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Many tunes seem to eliminate the rev hang that exists as part of the factory mapping just fine, but at the end of the day the OEM flywheel (right?) is just pretty damn heavy and reacts accordingly. Was the hardest part of getting used to driving this platform. I wasn't fighting the tune, rev hang, etc. revs just don't drop all that fast on OEM hardware.

Last edited:
OP
MauiRoads
Thread Starter #3
Thanks NATYPE. That's helpful. We're trying to figure out how much of the rev-hang is caused by the tune, and how much by the heavy OEM flywheel. It's good to hear that at least some of it can be tuned out.

I'm thankful to the previous owner and the guys who tuned my FiST. It would appear at some point the flywheel and clutch were also replaced among other goodies (turbo, intercooler and air box,). Revs to the moon quickly and rpms drop accordingly as you shift to neutral between gear changes. Also made it easier for nicely rev matched down shifts when doing the heel/toe dance.