Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can I fit in a Fiesta ST?

Eurooo

Hello,
I am new to this forum. I currently drive a VW but will be soon upgrading to a Fiesta ST or a Focus ST.

I am 6'2" and weigh 230pounds. Will I be able to sit and drive comfortably in a Focus st or a Fiesta ST.

Opinions are welcome,

Thank you :)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Welcome Aboard.

Wouldn't it be best for you to go to a dealer and test drive them to see for yourself?

That's my opinion.

Dave

OP
E

Eurooo

Thread Starter #3
I am currently in europe for vacation.

I would just like past experiences or any tall drivers as well.

Thank you,

OP
E

Eurooo

Thread Starter #4
Also It will be my first Manual car as well. I have learned from a few family members as well.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I am 6'1" and weigh about 220lbs. I fit fine in my fiesta st. It's an adjustment coming from a bigger car, but I got used to it quickly.

I also have stock seats. No recaros, I've tested a fist with recaros and it wasn't a problem though..

Hope this helps.

FistSt215

I think you would . I'm 5'11" 190 , the base st seats would be recommended . The recaros really hug you and might not be the most comfortable for the bigger guys.

6'1"" @ 230 lb., 36 waist, 48 chest, long legs.

Fit just fine in the Recaros; some extra room at the hips, seat is not all the way back. Chest is slightly snug on side bolsters, but not uncomfortable; should break in nicely over time.

6,000 miles on car, seats really haven't changed at all yet.

The one thing that could be close is your left elbow fitting comfortably on the door's armrest; it's a little short but just works for me with the angle that I like on the seatback.

6"3 here and I don't normally drive with the seat all the way back. The cutout for the door armrest is too far forward for me to use basically. I sit right against the B Pillar which could get interesting if I ever were to have an accident. I would appreciate another inch out of the steering wheel but otherwise its comfortable. I dont really take the Fist on any long trips.

I'm 6' and 285. I even fit in the Recaros just fine. At 6'2", I'd recommend the FiST due to the extra headroom. Don't get the moonroof. My head hits the moonroof in the FoST.

I'm 6 1 and 220 lbs I fit in recaros and my moonroof is fine. My seat isn't close to all the way back.

Just over 6' 220lbs here,
and the fit is near perfect for me.
I do have the seat all the way back but I could move the seat up a notch or so if I had to.
Coming from an 03 Focus, the Fiesta has much more leg room and a height adjustable seat (I have the standard ST seats)

I just switched from an 03 Jetta GLI to this one. I'm 6'3"/~220lb and I got the base seats. I tried the recaros but they were too tight for me. I miss the nicely bolstered leather seats in my GLI, but other than that it's fine. I've been on 100 mile road trips with 3 people total without any problems.

Funny story, I decided I wanted to pursue getting a FiST without ever seeing one, but I had the same concern. I decided I would get one as long as I fit, if I didn't I'd have to look into other cars again so I tried to find one to sit in at 3 different dealers before someone had one in stock I could try. I tried with recaros and without and decided I could do the regular seats, although I wish they were bolstered more like my Jetta was.