Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

can i run my stock tires in HS?

Hey,

I was wondering if the stock tires on the ST are legal in HS? I bought the car with them, but the tread wear is 140. I believe the tread wear has to be 200? Correct?

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Hmmmm I didn't know that till now. I know I wouldn't care if someone was running them but some people can be a holes.

The way I read it from the 2015 Rule book section 13.3.C. you can use them for regional event's but not National.
"C. Other
1. Any tire which is OE on a car eligible for Street Category may be used
on that car in Regional Solo? events. OE tires must meet all requirements
of Section 13.3 to be eligible for National Solo? events"

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
The way I read it from the 2015 Rule book section 13.3.C. you can use them for regional event's but not National.
"C. Other
1. Any tire which is OE on a car eligible for Street Category may be used
on that car in Regional Solo? events. OE tires must meet all requirements
of Section 13.3 to be eligible for National Solo? events"
Is the stock tire any good for autocross?

We had someone run them locally on them last season and they were almost a second behind me on the original ZII and I would consider him a good driver.

For SCCA events they need to be 200tw now for Street class or Street Touring.

For local events I would really hope someone wouldn't protest you on those. Some clubs (Milwaukee, Iowa) have come out and said that under 200tw will be ok this year but this would be the last year for that. Next year they will have to be 200tw.

In my opinion, if you are going to autocross more then a couple times...get the better tires.