Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can no longer order 2015 FiST

Well made up my mind on what FiST color and options i want just to find out i can no longer order it. Dealer said ordering for the 2015 ended on 4/17/15 and no one in the entire state of CA has one the way i wanted it!

So bummed out! I was really excited and now just don't think it was meant to be.

The way I wanted it built:

- Oxford White
- Smoke Storm Recaros
- Grey Painted wheels

Seams like a pretty simple build but now impossible to get!

For some reason Ford is Dropping the Oxford White for the FiST ST Lineup for 2016! Now only offering it in the Platinum White witch I think is Ugly! They still offer the none ST FiST in the Oxford White and the Focus ST too!

So Bummed out and now back to the drawling board.
Well your dealer was incorrect. I ordered my 2015 FiST on May 6th and it was built yesterday.

Well your dealer was incorrect. I ordered my 2015 FiST on May 6th and it was built yesterday.
If your FIST was was built yesterday, you are getting a 2016. They may be still building some 2016s in 2015 color offering, But i doubt it. I just ordered my 16 Fist on 7/6/15 and it is gonna be a Kona blue ST with no options other than the Recaro package. I guess anything is possible, but i understood that they shutdown in late spring and started 16' production in late june. Thats not my information, that is the dealer i specifically waited for word on when the order bank opened for 16 FIST. I really wanted to get a Fiesta with the new sync system and a backup camera. My orderform did not mention a camera as being an option or standard, So I have no clue if it might be included by the time it is built or not.

If your FIST was was built yesterday, you are getting a 2016. They may be still building some 2016s in 2015 color offering, But i doubt it. I just ordered my 16 Fist on 7/6/15 and it is gonna be a Kona blue ST with no options other than the Recaro package. I guess anything is possible, but i understood that they shutdown in late spring and started 16' production in late june. Thats not my information, that is the dealer i specifically waited for word on when the order bank opened for 16 FIST. I really wanted to get a Fiesta with the new sync system and a backup camera. My orderform did not mention a camera as being an option or standard, So I have no clue if it might be included by the time it is built or not.
My window sticker says 2015.

The notion of them building a 2015 spec FIST when production of 2016s has begun is an impossibility. Your car has already been built over a month ago if its a 15. They may have sent you an email saying it IS built . Not that it is BEING built that day.

I'm in syracuse NY

etis says it was built 7/7 and that it is a 2015. My window sticker says its a 2015. Honestly if that was all wrong ad it really was a 2016 I would be happy but I doubt all that would be incorrect.

I had the understanding that 16 production was in progress now. I had actually waited until after the order bank had been open for several weeks before i walked into the dealership! So, I have no idea what is actually going on. I have no expectation of a delivery before late september anyways, so it is really no big deal to me. It would just be nice to get accurate information from Ford on, at the very LEAST, When production runs end and start. It hels people who know there is a long wait to plan for it.

I had the understanding that 16 production was in progress now. I had actually waited until after the order bank had been open for several weeks before i walked into the dealership! So, I have no idea what is actually going on. I have no expectation of a delivery before late september anyways, so it is really no big deal to me. It would just be nice to get accurate information from Ford on, at the very LEAST, When production runs end and start. It hels people who know there is a long wait to plan for it.
I agree. No matter what I'm excited to be getting a FiST!!! They should give a little more information. And the dealers should not be stating the generic 6 to 8 week wait time...

I put my order in for a 2016 on Thursday the 9th. When I had talked to the dealer earlier that week they were still producing 2015's from what he understood. I thought I read somewhere they were taking orders for 2016 since April but production has switched over just this past week. I'm excited to get my '16 with Sync 3. I wanted it in Oxford White but ended up going with Magnetic instead since as posted earlier, it wasn't available for ST's.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I have loved Kona Blue every time they've had it available-definitely better than blurple imho. IS is usually the worst performer in their performance groups so I'm not surprised to see it go.

The funny thing is that I've been to two meet ups in the past week, and Performance Blue and Oxford White were the most popular colors by a huge margin. I've only seen two FiSTs in Molten Orange.

I have loved Kona Blue every time they've had it available-definitely better than blurple imho. IS is usually the worst performer in their performance groups so I'm not surprised to see it go.
I guess the numbers don't lie, but Kona Blue to me isn't as good as performance blue. For the 2016's I feel like black is the way I would go as I don't like magnetic grey and won't pay extra for white.

Can't purchase until the fall, and I was nodding towards either silver or white (don't like dark colors). Dang, silver was my favorite. [bawling]

I put my order in for a 2016 on Thursday the 9th. When I had talked to the dealer earlier that week they were still producing 2015's from what he understood. I thought I read somewhere they were taking orders for 2016 since April but production has switched over just this past week. I'm excited to get my '16 with Sync 3. I wanted it in Oxford White but ended up going with Magnetic instead since as posted earlier, it wasn't available for ST's.
Congrats on the order! Shoot me a message with your order number and dealer code in a couple weeks, and I'll be happy to help track your order. :)

Meagan

How does everyone feel about Kona Blue vs Performance Blue and the loss of Ingot Silver?
I ordered a Kona blue FIST earlier this month. I think Ford has removed some color choices to shave down the demand! I mean, really! Bright red, silver and white gone? These are bread and butter colors in the small, sporty car market. It makes for a color choice palet that is basically dark. That is a very unusual thing to see in the small, sporty car market. Platinum white is a very expensive color effect to repair in addition to its high purchase cost. If you get that one, the cost of repair will shock you a bit. I prefer colors on small, sporty cars that tend to be brighter and maybe simpler (I.E. not a tri coat finnish) solid or metallic type finnishes that have a repair cost and complexity more in line with the pricepoint of the vehicle. This comment is directed at Ford marketing people. I think they would best understand the point i am trying to make here.

I ordered a Kona blue FIST earlier this month. I think Ford has removed some color choices to shave down the demand! I mean, really! Bright red, silver and white gone? These are bread and butter colors in the small, sporty car market. It makes for a color choice palet that is basically dark. That is a very unusual thing to see in the small, sporty car market. Platinum white is a very expensive color effect to repair in addition to its high purchase cost. If you get that one, the cost of repair will shock you a bit. I prefer colors on small, sporty cars that tend to be brighter and maybe simpler (I.E. not a tri coat finnish) solid or metallic type finnishes that have a repair cost and complexity more in line with the pricepoint of the vehicle. This comment is directed at Ford marketing people. I think they would best understand the point i am trying to make here.
What would be the reason for shaving down demand? I think that I'm most interested in black at this point in time.