Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can no longer order 2015 FiST

One reason to "shave down" or reduce demand for a given vehicle would be engine availability. If you can make more money on an Ecoboost Escape, you might prefere to have a strong supply of engines to supply that more profitable vehicle. Or a more possible explanation would be that Ford is using FIST in north America as some kind of low profit, marketing experiment to test the acceptance and preferences of small car buyers. I am just guessing on this. I am not aware of Ford having a Fiesta specific brand manager anymore. Its a shame that Ford does not take advantage of the posibilities presented by Fiestas young demographics. There are many more ways to promote a product than just print and internet.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Idk, I don't really buy into that thought process at all. The FiST is the niche-of-niche platform in the US because the majority of the population wants large vehicles. Those that do want small vehicles generally just want something inexpensive that gets great fuel mileage as a commuter. Those of us that buy it do so because of all of the compromises we get-it's not 'fast' but it's still 'sporty', it's not a truck but it's still versatile, and it gets good fuel mileage without being an eco-car.

If anything, the FiST is closer to a halo vehicle-at least within the Fiesta line. Kids read about it in magazines or see it on tv and go look at it, then they end up in the regular platform because they can't afford it. That's exactly how I got into my first Focus back when I was younger and couldn't afford the SVT.

Just like any other successful business, Ford employs very good number-crunchers and data analysts. I'm more inclined to believe that the changes are probably being done to increase sales within the line-not decrease them or hope that they shift to another model by making it less-pleasing.

You understand that its a niche of a niche vehicle segment ,but you dont think it could just possibly be a marketing experiment? Thats almost the same as calling buttered bread "plain"because its only buttered on one side! I am not making fun of you. I think we both see it as what it is, An anomaly.

One reason to "shave down" or reduce demand for a given vehicle would be engine availability. If you can make more money on an Ecoboost Escape, you might prefere to have a strong supply of engines to supply that more profitable vehicle. Or a more possible explanation would be that Ford is using FIST in north America as some kind of low profit, marketing experiment to test the acceptance and preferences of small car buyers. I am just guessing on this. I am not aware of Ford having a Fiesta specific brand manager anymore. Its a shame that Ford does not take advantage of the posibilities presented by Fiestas young demographics. There are many more ways to promote a product than just print and internet.
I'm not sure if I agree but then again at this point in time its anyones guess as to why Ford changed things the way they did. Regarding, appealing to younger demographics I think that although the Fiesta is a good car with a decent price tag...the argument can always be made that for an additional 5-8k you can have a: GTI, WRX, or even Focus ST (They're more expensive but some people don't mind to paying a bit more for the added power and more features). The Fiesta ST appeals to me as a car that drives well with a good enough power output; but then again I no longer fit in that younger bracket when I was I was driving an STI and thinking of ways to make it handle better. Now....give me a car that drives well out the box and is an enjoyable daily driver.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
You understand that its a niche of a niche vehicle segment ,but you dont think it could just possibly be a marketing experiment? Thats almost the same as calling buttered bread "plain"because its only buttered on one side! I am not making fun of you. I think we both see it as what it is, An anomaly.
Ford does a lot of market testing with control groups so I highly doubt that they would risk sales possibilities by implementing it 'real world' first. Obviously none of us would know for sure, I just can't imagine them throwing $20k+ (ish, for math) on each actual vehicles possible sales simply as an experiment. For me that just doesn't pass the common-sense test.

I'm not sure if I agree but then again at this point in time its anyones guess as to why Ford changed things the way they did. Regarding, appealing to younger demographics I think that although the Fiesta is a good car with a decent price tag...the argument can always be made that for an additional 5-8k you can have a: GTI, WRX, or even Focus ST (They're more expensive but some people don't mind to paying a bit more for the added power and more features). The Fiesta ST appeals to me as a car that drives well with a good enough power output; but then again I no longer fit in that younger bracket when I was I was driving an STI and thinking of ways to make it handle better. Now....give me a car that drives well out the box and is an enjoyable daily driver.
The WRX and GTI are positioned above focus in price. Really what you meant to say was 3 to 4 year old used GTI and WRX, right? 5 to 8 grand is alot of money. The Fist is an inexpensive sporty hatch. I have driven and know friends with both WRX and GTI, they cannot describe them as inexpensive to own or maintain.I can over maintain a Fiesta for less than it costs to under maintain a WRX! LOL. I have worked on those cars. Parts aint cheap either.

The WRX and GTI are positioned above focus in price. Really what you meant to say was 3 to 4 year old used GTI and WRX, right? 5 to 8 grand is alot of money. The Fist is an inexpensive sporty hatch. I have driven and know friends with both WRX and GTI, they cannot describe them as inexpensive to own or maintain.I can over maintain a Fiesta for less than it costs to under maintain a WRX! LOL. I have worked on those cars. Parts aint cheap either.
Actually the GTI and the Focus are priced almost the same (not including destination or options); but I do agree with you on maintenance being costly on the Subaru. This will be my first real try with newer Ford and I hope that your statement stays true as I kind of think that the principle components of the Fiesta are pricey to repair.

Actually the GTI and the Focus are priced almost the same (not including destination or options); but I do agree with you on maintenance being costly on the Subaru. This will be my first real try with newer Ford and I hope that your statement stays true as I kind of think that the principle components of the Fiesta are pricey to repair.
new Fiesta components (air bags, curtains, structural elements, electronics) are expensive. So expensive that i do not think any Fiesta with over 50,000 miles is being repaired if bags are deployed. The car is disposable. The memories are priceless!