Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CandyCorn Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #61
BF Goodrich Rivals ordered.....rims to be ordered next week....
Stay tuned. Its gonna be lit!

xxiaze

Welcome back to the wheels joy! I fell in love with one of these little nasty things too haha. I guess we all did.

did you retrofit Headlights yourself? If so how was the process?

xxiaze

Great news. The evap piece ordered fixed the problem. Nice clean idle and no issues after fill up.

Ordered the Whoosh short shifter adapter and some gapped plugs at .28 for the Dizzy Tune.

Next on radar is rims and tires and some coilovers!

Stay tuned.
Which part ended up fixing that and what was cost?

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #64
Welcome back to the wheels joy! I fell in love with one of these little nasty things too haha. I guess we all did.

did you retrofit Headlights yourself? If so how was the process?
Yes, I did retrofit them myself. I ended up rushing the shrouds so they turned out like junk, but they work great and looks fantastic from a distance lol.

The process was just time consuming, nothing a person cannot handle with a larger oven.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #65
Which part ended up fixing that and what was cost?
I cannot remember the exact part number, but I can get it if needed.

I ended up getting a set of Team Dynamics an Anthricite, 15x8, and picked 225/45/15 for the Rivals, so it should be a good meaty tire for summer time use. A little sketchy for heavy rain, but should be manageable.

xxiaze

Yes, I did retrofit them myself. I ended up rushing the shrouds so they turned out like junk, but they work great and looks fantastic from a distance lol.

The process was just time consuming, nothing a person cannot handle with a larger oven.
Did you use an over or did you use a heat gun? No way you got those beasts in an over lol. Do you have any info or websites to help me along the process? I’d like to do this as well..

also yeah, if you could get me a part number that would be LEGIT! Sick of mine dying after fuel up.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #67
Did you use an over or did you use a heat gun? No way you got those beasts in an over lol. Do you have any info or websites to help me along the process? I’d like to do this as well..

also yeah, if you could get me a part number that would be LEGIT! Sick of mine dying after fuel up.
I used an oven, it fit just fine. Its not to bad. Look into lightwerkz.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I ended up getting a set of Team Dynamics an Anthricite, 15x8, and picked 225/45/15 for the Rivals, so it should be a good meaty tire for summer time use. A little sketchy for heavy rain, but should be manageable.
ANY/ALL of the 100/200TW gumballs are going to be sketchy in heavy downpours/deeper standing water, due to either shallower molded tread depths, lack of siping and multiple grooves, huge tread blocks, or all of the above. [wink]

They actually could be grippier than a fully treaded/siped, 300TW+ summer tire though on simply wet/damp roads, before there are any puddles, due to the stickiness of their compounds.

BTW; those anthracite 1.2s are going to look downright EVIL on the Molten Orange!! [twothumb]

Last edited:
OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #70
ANY/ALL of the 100/200TW gumballs are going to be sketchy in heavy downpours/deeper standing water, due to either shallower molded tread depths, lack of siping and multiple grooves, huge tread blocks, or all of the above. [wink]

They actually could be grippier than a fully treaded/siped, 300TW+ summer tire though on simply wet/damp roads, before there are any puddles, due to the stickiness of their compounds.

BTW; those anthracite 1.2s are going to look downright EVIL on the Molten Orange!! [twothumb]
Yeah. I had meant to order the S version which has improved wet traction but it’s kinda too late at this point. The order already shipped.
worst case I slow down. You can always slow down.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #72
Shortshifter from whoosh installed and a Mountune shift knob. Wowooowow what a difference. I should have done it sooner.

Tires and rims are in the mail, expected Wednesday. Cannot wait.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #73
Installed some 1 step colder plugs yesterday from Whoosh! It made a strongly noticeable difference. Idle seems smoother and the power delivery is more stead.
Plugs that came out were nice and tan with some slight white tips, so overall not to bad. No noticeable oil in the head or on the plugs so I was happy to see that.

Tires were mounted on the rims yesterday and just waiting for the lug nuts and we will be rolling.

I ordered the Mountune MRX clubsport kit, not sure when thats getting here as I have not gotten a tracking number yet, but I hope soon as my stock struts are done for.

Been eyeballing the Mountune short block, as its on quite the sale....not sure if I want to do that and then turbo or just turbo and wait for the engine to die lol and then replace. Choices choices.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #74
Mountune kits are on back order for at least 6-8 weeks due to the unavailability of springs. So my order has been cancelled and I will be looking at other options.

Rims and tires are mounted and lug nuts in, once this last bit snow melts, I will be mounting them up.

Stay tuned for some pics that will make you drool so hard you'll need a bucket under your chin.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Are you in the higher elevations, northwestern part of the state?

Despite this current northeast cold snap we're in, I'm surprised there is still any snow on the ground, let alone on the roads

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #76
Are you in the higher elevations, northwestern part of the state?

Despite this current northeast cold snap we're in, I'm surprised there is still any snow on the ground, let alone on the roads
We keep snow up until about May, occasionally we have a snow storm in May. There is still plenty of snow on the ground. We need a few 50 degree days with some more rain to get rid of the snow. It'l come soon though....

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #77
Canduycorn build has unfortunately come to a close. Due to personal reasons the little jelly bean will be put up for sale.
I will continue to drive the car while its listed but won't be building it up further.

Its a been a blast to build this car, and we will have to see where life takes me....which platform next, what car will it be....

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #79
We will see what happens. I owed too much to trade it in so I kept it. Would have been basically the same payment (with trading in versus carrying two payments) I just have to keep insurance on it, so I wasn't taking that large of a loss to save maybe $80 a month. Ill keep it for sale and drive it on nice days. I did put the wheels on, and can see why most people drop, but its not too too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.