Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can't decide on a 225/45r15 tire

I've got a set of TD 1.2 in 15x8+35 in the mail as we speak. I've been looking at tires on and off for a week and cannot decide between 3 choices. I'd like some input from my 15" wheel bretheren. Bonus points if you post a picture of your car :)

Anyways, some info on my usage for reference:

-It is lowered on Mountune springs.

-This car is my daily, but I use it on weekends for the occasional canyon carve.

-I'd like to get into auto-x when fall hits, but I'm also a lazy bastard so who knows if that will actually happen. So track performance isn't paramount.

-I live just outside Phoenix, and the car is garaged, so rainy/wintery conditions are of little concern to me.

What I value in my performance tire is grip, of course, but mainly I'm looking for a responsive tire with a stiff side wall. I do not want a super forgiving sidewall which makes the car feel disconnected from the road. I ran some RE71R on my 16" Grids a couple years ago and they felt incredible. I also really liked the factory Bridgestones it had on it when I bought it. Conversely, I hated the Federal ST1 I had briefly as they were so soft.

Right, so my three choices are Hankook RS-4, Falken RT660, and the new Continental ExtremeContact Force.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

Thank you for reading!!!

kevinatfms

RS-4s are great. Long wearing, semi-stiff sidewall and a very good amount of grip for any track day events. There are faster tires but they wear at a much faster rate. I have not tried the Continental yet but since they paired with Hoosier on the design and compound I'm sure they are going to be crazy fast.

You cant go wrong with the RS-4. They will last you a long time while also being motorsports capable. Best of both worlds.

OP
Volta
Thread Starter #4
They look fantastic on those 15” Dekagrams, plus it sounds like they will be better value in the long run. Thanks for the input and the pics!!