Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CaptinFord's White lightning build thread

TemecFist

Have you looked at the Rivals? They can handle way more heat then the RE71, and get stickier at those higher temps. They are not instantly as good as the RE71, but after... 3min of use they are sticky. If cold/wet then forget that though.
Yeah, but they dont make the size I need. I'm sticking with either a 205/40/17 or a 215/40/17.

Yeah, but they dont make the size I need. I'm sticking with either a 205/40/17 or a 215/40/17.
16" RPF1s!

Its interesting how going down to 16" opens up tire size options for these cars. What about the 225/45R17 Rival? Never mind, looking up the size comparison the extra 1.7" of overall height could cause problems.
1581609983981.png
Tire clearance on width could be cleared with a small spacer, but the height is a potential problem.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Who cares about All season, race tires on the street!!!

;-)
IF one lives in the tropics, or a VERY 'temperate' climate, yup, absolutely (I have RS-RRs on my summer 1.2 setup). [thumb]

But if one lives where it gets down to 0*F in the winter, or stays below 30*F for long time periods, you are just destroying/freezing even 300 tread wear donuts, let alone 100/200 tread wear gumballs. [nono]

IF one lives in the tropics, or a VERY 'temperate' climate, yup, absolutely (I have RS-RRs on my summer 1.2 setup). [thumb]

But if one lives where it gets down to 0*F in the winter, or stays below 30*F for long time periods, you are just destroying/freezing even 300 tread wear donuts, let alone 100/200 tread wear gumballs. [nono]
No you miss-understand me, who cars about anything other then racing! ;-)
But yeah, im in PNW, so plenty of rain, but I also dont DD any sort of sporty tire.