Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car doesnt want to start.

Ok, so here's the problem.

Car doesn't wanna turn over. Makes loud clicking while I try to start it.
I've checked the fuses (which all look good), I checked the relays (none of which look burned), I replace the alternator 6 months ago, battery was just charged all the way up, started was replaced last week.

I know it isn't the clutch relay thingy, bc when I press and release on clutch it displays the "press clutch pop up" on the touch screen.
I know it isn't battery, alternator and starter.

I don't know what to do now. Any suggestions?

erkan

Akü boşalmış olabilir aküyü ölçüm yapın , arabanız şarj etmiyorsa aküyü boşaltmış olabilir, şase kablosunu kontrol edin

Akü boşalmış olabilir aküyü ölçüm yapın , arabanız şarj etmiyorsa aküyü boşaltmış olabilir, şase kablosunu kontrol edin
This translates to:

The battery may be discharged Take measurements of the battery, if your car is not charging, it may have emptied the battery, check the chassis cable

I'd also add to check over the battery and it's cables. Make sure there is no corrosion, maybe pop each off and hit them with sandpaper, and then reconnect making sure they are tight. I've had battery issues during winter onset and these can cause issues.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Sounds like you've tried everything except a battery management system reset.

would you like to know the procedure?
Does this adjust the rate that the ECM/BCM instructs the alternator generator?) to charge the current installed battery (via the 'internal, programmed' voltage regulator in them)??

Or, do we have an external, not controlled by the ECM at all, physical voltage regulator on these cars?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Though there's a conflict of interest, parts stores offer to test batteries for free. Some fail to recover after having been drain once.

Learn about "voltage drop testing". This tool helps detect and pinpoint weak connections. It's even possible to test through relay switches by poking a straight-pin through wires, allowing one to get a reading without stripping//damaging wires.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Though there's a conflict of interest, parts stores offer to test batteries for free. Some fail to recover after having been drain once.

Learn about "voltage drop testing". This tool helps detect and pinpoint weak connections. It's even possible to test through relay switches by poking a straight-pin through wires, allowing one to get a reading without stripping//damaging wires.
They will usually give you a printout from the test which at a minimum will show what the actual, measured CCA is, and the actual static voltage of your battery at the time of the test, if they checked it without the car idling.

Some will even do a brief charging system test as well, showing what the voltage regulator is allowing to flow to the battery from the alternator/generator.
(This should be about 13.7 volts for a flooded lead acid battery, and at/slightly over 14 volts for an AGM battery.)

OP
I
Thread Starter #13
Update : battery was checked and recharged at Autozone to 12.9V.

Keyfob batteries were both replaced.

Starter fuse and relay were both replaced.

Still no start, taking battery back to AZ for replacement right now.

Here are my starter connections:

Attachments

OP
I
Thread Starter #17
Went to AZ, had battery replaced.
Installed new battery, did BMS reset.

Car won't start.

Rolled car down hill, dumped clutch, car starts. Hasn't been running since Hallowen, I'm letting it eat this old gasoline for a bit.

Accessport hooked up. Only code popping is p06e9

haste

1000 Post Club
At this point, with all the great advice given in this thread, is that you could have a starter that has failed. The starter is fairly easy to replace in this car.

OP
I
Thread Starter #19
At this point, with all the great advice given in this thread, is that you could have a starter that has failed. The starter is fairly easy to replace in this car.
I'm not so sure. I'm leaning towards PCM bc the starter was replaced Nov 11th. Unless I wired it up incorrectly.

haste

1000 Post Club
Unless I wired it up incorrectly.
Very possible, but unlikely.

Was the replacement starter a new OEM part or a remanufactured(aftermarket) part? I work in the automotive industry and its not entirely uncommon to have brand new parts that are bad out of the box.