Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car has rough idle and rarely stalls after getting gas (15 FiST)

So ive had this problem for a bit now after gettin gas the car tends to drop idle then save itself and once in awhile it wil shut off fixes it self after the car is turned off or runs for a bit ive seen its somethin to do with the evap system i know the focuses had a recall about it is it the same for the fiesta thanks!

So ive had this problem for a bit now after gettin gas the car tends to drop idle then save itself and once in awhile it wil shut off fixes it self after the car is turned off or runs for a bit ive seen its somethin to do with the evap system i know the focuses had a recall about it is it the same for the fiesta thanks!
I picked up a 2019 ST in July last year. Since I have bought it every 5 or so times I get gas this same exact thing happens. I have only had one instance where it has actually dropped idle, more often than not it just delays a few seconds between when I push the engine start button and when it actually starts turning. I planned to ask ford about it when I go in for my first maintenance check. Super weird

I have a 15 also and had the same issue. Could never get it to throw a code. You can try waiting 20-30 second after filling up before taking out the pump nozzle. Sometime that helps if you don't want to replace any parts yet. I replace the evap line assembly under the hood and the fuel vapor canister with solenoid in the back underneath the car. Bought the parts from the Ford dealership and haven't had a problem since. Fairly easy to do yourself so you don't have to pay labor to get it done.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is a classic Piss poor Design and ferd should do a re-call for environmental and safety purposes. IMO....Iuckly I haven't had this issue YET* but My transmission gave up the Ghost around 24k with a mean bearing howl in 3rd gear eventually going into 4th...then 5th...making its way into 6th. Outcome...NEW trans. filled with 2qts of fluid!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
My 2017 was smelling strongly of fuel, almost dying after filling up, getting really bad mileage. It took some fighting since their diagnostic computer showed no issues, but they finally swapped the evap valve and it has not tried to die after filling up since then. Much better mileage and my oil no longer smells like fuel.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My 2017 was smelling strongly of fuel, almost dying after filling up, getting really bad mileage. It took some fighting since their diagnostic computer showed no issues, but they finally swapped the evap valve and it has not tried to die after filling up since then. Much better mileage and my oil no longer smells like fuel.
Should post up the Part# of what was replaced! For future reference!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk