Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car not starting after 4 port install

After installing my 4 port my car is cranking very slow sometimes it will speed up a little but still not fast enough to start. I am also getting cel code P06E9. Anyone know what to look for im going to look over everything in that area after work.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do you have a spare key? If so try that or hold the key next to the push start button and try starting it. You may have a low battery key. Also what voltage is the battery @? These cars need a specific voltage to start using a Canbus system too. One last thing.....does it turn over or not and when you did the install did you unplug the battery before install?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Do you have a spare key? If so try that or hold the key next to the push start button and try starting it. You may have a low battery key. Also what voltage is the battery @? These cars need a specific voltage to start using a Canbus system too. One last thing.....does it turn over or not and when you did the install did you unplug the battery before install?

I will try the spare key when i get home, i will check The voltage when i get home. But it was good last night and i had a jump box on it. It turns over very slow like the battery is failing but i have tried 2 batteries and had a jump box hooked up and jumper cables. Here is a link to the video of it trying to start View: https://i.imgur.com/fuhXhYH.mp4
https://imgur.com/gallery/1dEECmO

Attachments

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Make sure the vehicle ground is good/ tight. You must have used that as a ground for the 4-port...right? I know I did on mine

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you use the correct fuse location for the 4 port also?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bet it has something to do with the alternator. I remember I had to disconnect the electrical connection for the alternator when I did mine. I would start there and verify you reconnected correctly.

OP
S
Thread Starter #11
I bet it has something to do with the alternator. I remember I had to disconnect the electrical connection for the alternator when I did mine. I would start there and verify you reconnected correctly.
This is the first place im going to look when i get home, thought i am 99% sure that i did not unhook any connectors from it.

OP
S
Thread Starter #12
FIXED car would not start because of vacuum leak tightened the intake manifold and it started. Thank you everyone for the help.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
FIXED car would not start because of vacuum leak tightened the intake manifold and it started. Thank you everyone for the help.
Which one the push in one right on the front? Pics for those who may need the Info*