Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car smells like fuel but no noticeable leak?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Do you stop, or have the attendant stop, filling up the tank at the FIRST STOP/'click' of the shut off, or do you/they keep going trying to 'round off' up to the next dollar amount??

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My car always starts to run a lil rich when the fall rolls around. I assume it's because the log for the tune was taken during the warmer months. I've been considering getting a "winter tune" but idk if it's that big a deal.

I fill in dollar amounts. I hardly ever fill up, especially nowadays with COVID reducing my driving.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Are you smelling raw, completely unburnt gasoline, like right from the pump, or a pig rich, heavy hydrocarbon smell out of the exhaust??

ANY codes at all?

I would check the EVAP bannister and system/lines/solenoid IF it is the first scenario above. [wink]

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Catless DP will smell like a 70's muscle car in my experience.
The OP hasn't said what his mods are. A catless DP, being a worthless mod in anything other than a pure track car you'd never drive on the street, that pollutes 10x as much as a stock or hi-flow cat, would definitely be the reason if he has one.

I'm presuming he's not an idiot.
EDIT: No mods. It's something else on a new car.