Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Careful: USB Port Housing ST

Brought my car home Saturday from the dealer. Started messing around with the electronics that evening. Ended up plugging in my Ipod to one of the ports. Next day, also plugged my phone in to the second port.

Long story short, noticed quite a bit of "give" when I tried to gently remove the cable for the phone. I didn't yank it by the wire but actually grabbed it by the head. Almost feels like the entire housing tried to come out with it. Only way I could get it out without feeling like I would break something was to have my other hand holding down the housing.

Went back to the dealer earlier today to turn in the down payment. Asked about it and we tested it with another ST on the lot. Turns out mine was already stripped out at the clip/screw that holds the housing in place.

The other ST did have a little give (few millimeters) but mine actually moved a centimeter or two.

Not 100% sure if you can test it out on your ride, but mine would pull the housing from the front of the car towards the rear. The sales guy tested just the regular give of the other ST from the rear of the car forward.

They ordered a part to get it fixed. Since it is part of the electronics, guess they had to submit it up to ford. All covered under warranty. Blows that a new car had existing damage.