Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cargo lighting

Not so much a "Build" as it is a cheap way to drastically improve the lighting in the trunk. I have always found the tiny dome light on the right side of the trunk area to be rather lacking, and if there's anything remotely large in the right side of the trunk, the rest is a dark cavern. So I stopped by Auto Zone and bought the cheapest led pods they had and stuck em on. Wired them up to the original dome light using bullet connections so I can go back to stock rather easily if I want, or add to the cluster at a later date. Would really like to add some overhead lighting to the mix, maybe a strip of leds to the underside of the cargo cover with a quick connect so it's still easy to pop it in and out.

Anyone else upgrade the cargo lighting and can offer some ideas for the rest of us?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I'm still in the planning stages. So many mods, so little time.

Minimal mod: left side light to match right. Maybe same as my Mazda 5 (has a switch)

Preferred mod: left and overhead light w/switch.

For now, point your rotating rear reading lights to the cargo area.

A glove box light is desperately needed too...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sticky led lights đź’ˇ. The removable ones with batteries.

Last edited:

PunkST

2000 Post Club
My thinking is led strips from the pockets or maybe a couple attached to the trunk floor under the false floor so it shines up through the cracks.

brbauer2

$10 and you have spares or you can split the cost with friends.

Amon Tech 6PCs Universal Waterproof Car Trucks Daytime Running Light Lamp Super Bright 12V LED Strips COB Car Led Fog Light https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B071PFC1H2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_qp-vDbFXYCGNT

Also did under the hood with a switch.

GrandviewTM Super White Energy-saving 5050 48-SMD LED Panel Dome Light Auto Car Interior Reading Plate Light Roof Ceiling Interior Wired Lamp +T10 BA9S Festoon Adapter-4PCS https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01LW2NBK6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Hv-vDbNWAYCB8

Last edited: