Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CEL Code: P1450

I tried searching some last night for fixes on this and didn't find much that helped. my Ford technician fried told me this is a recall issue with the fuel tank but he's in another state so cant actually look at the car. I have a dealership appt this afternoon and I'm really hoping to not get screwed on this problem. Anyone have any input on this issue? Autozone printout says P1450 Unable to bleed up fuel tank vacuum.

Yesterday driving home it also bounced the rpms around and wouldn't respond to throttle input, so i turned it off and back on and got it home.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Huge PITA of an issue. It's happened to me several times but when I get the car to the dealership they check it and say "Nope, purge valve seems fine" and have thus far refused to replace it. Haven't had the code pop up in ~1 year though, so maybe it is fine? Who TF knows. 5k miles left on extended warranty.

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #4
Search the forum. This has come up commonly. Often it's the canister purge valve.
https://autoservicecosts.com/obd2-codes/p1450/
The problem with the code is its either the purge valve or the lines associated or whatever so i dont want to buy these parts if its not going to fix it. ive already had to take the car back for a different evap code a few months ago so i feel like they screwed it up or something last time.

Huge PITA of an issue. It's happened to me several times but when I get the car to the dealership they check it and say "Nope, purge valve seems fine" and have thus far refused to replace it. Haven't had the code pop up in ~1 year though, so maybe it is fine? Who TF knows. 5k miles left on extended warranty.
Ill report back what they tell me from the appointment today, just dont want to spend a bunch of money when the car only has 37k miles on it.

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #5
Stealership quoted $729 ($193 for the part: https://www.getoemparts.com/oem-parts/ford-tube-fuel-feed-d2bz9c047e) the rest for labor. I asked about using a piece I buy and he said it won’t have a warranty so if it fails again then I’m screwed. Also the only thing on the forum that shows this part just has a picture with a circle under the intake which doesn’t really tell me how to replace the part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #6
So update to the situation.. The dealership installed the fuel feed tube (D2BZ-9C047-E) last week for $715 and then bringing the car home it dies after stopping at the store. The next day it dies after every time I turned the car off and back on, and the check engine light came back on. Didn’t have an AP to check the code, so I brought it back to the dealership last Saturday and after 2 and a half hours the rep came and asked me if the car was tuned. I explained that all I’ve done is put a new turbo back exhaust and an intake, which made him say okay well then “we think the old fuel feed tube or the new one made the fuel pump and fuel pressure sensor fail and they are causing the codes”.

Decided to bring it back home until the parts came in, but then it got so annoying on how often it was dying plus random backfires where they don’t usually happen that I brought it back on Monday after work. Got a call from them today saying that there’s a new check engine light that pops for the catalytic converter and that they may have to take it to stock. I said no thanks I just installed the Whoosh catted DP under a month ago.

Anyone have any guesses as to what is going on with my car? This is super frustrating and I just want my car to run right. Plus note got a charger for a rental

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #8
I Would have read the codes myself. $715 for just that to be installed?!?!?!?! It isn't covered under emissions? if it wasn't I would've told them To Beat Feet ...ill do it myself.

Here is a great video on a escape Ecoboost.....This guy is very good at what does!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=686&v=PpioK_X28uw&feature=emb_logo
well its at least warrantied now incase it breaks in the future.. yeah way too expensive but the fuel pump and pressure sensor are getting fixed for free, i will be checking my own codes now that i have an AP, just didnt feel like bringing it back to autozone to use their reader since the dealership doesnt listen to me whenever i tell them what the CEL code is

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #9
So while my car was at the dealership before, they told me it started throwing the P0420 CEL code. They cleared it before I took the car back and now it comes back on every 35-50 miles and I keep clearing it. I plan to get the O2 sensor defouler (either the J or the straight one), and I haven’t been able to get under the car to make sure everything is connected right.

I have a whoosh catted DP and a MBRP with my old aftermarket muffler welded on the back. Any ideas why could be causing this? I’ve put like ~1000 miles on the car since the MBRP/ DP went on with like 600 of those having the muffler welded on. The light never came on until after they replaced the fuel stuff, so I’m a little confused.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So while my car was at the dealership before, they told me it started throwing the P0420 CEL code. They cleared it before I took the car back and now it comes back on every 35-50 miles and I keep clearing it. I plan to get the O2 sensor defouler (either the J or the straight one), and I haven’t been able to get under the car to make sure everything is connected right.

I have a whoosh catted DP and a MBRP with my old aftermarket muffler welded on the back. Any ideas why could be causing this? I’ve put like ~1000 miles on the car since the MBRP/ DP went on with like 600 of those having the muffler welded on. The light never came on until after they replaced the fuel stuff, so I’m a little confused.

Throw some Cataclean through it. Follow the directions to a T. I've pointed many people in this direction with Success. Do this and report back....you can buy cataclean on Amazon or at Autozone for sure and most likely other autoparts stores. It's about $20-25 a bottle also. You shouldn't need a defogger as it's catted already ...FYI.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BVXM92/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_0Q5450HEEP5EGQ81CH7E

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #11
I will get some and report back. Thank you! I just want the car to run right, had it for like 7 months and it’s had multiple issues

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I will get some and report back. Thank you! I just want the car to run right, had it for like 7 months and it’s had multiple issues

Do you still have the Stock Cat? Are you Stock turbo? If so ....I switch back to the stock cat as the Whoosh high flow isn't needed until your at least A hybrid Turbo or BT for more flow*

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #13
Do you still have the Stock Cat? Are you Stock turbo? If so ....I switch back to the stock cat as the Whoosh high flow isn't needed until your at least A hybrid Turbo or BT for more flow*

Stock turbo, I bought the car with an aftermarket cat and some unidentified exhaust that started rattling internally so I bought a whole new turbo back system. I don’t have the old cat that was on it as the shop that installed it didn’t give it back to me and I didn’t think about it until a week later..

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Stock turbo, I bought the car with an aftermarket cat and some unidentified exhaust that started rattling internally so I bought a whole new turbo back system. I don’t have the old cat that was on it as the shop that installed it didn’t give it back to me and I didn’t think about it until a week later..

That thing in scrap is like $125*

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know that now and didn’t think of it at the time

I still got mine straggling around in the garage in the corner....where it belongs after I found out Fomoco cross threaded the O2 sensor from the factory * now its just scrap. I too also have a Whoosh High flow cat but....With A BT.

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #17
Well the cataclean didn’t work.. accidentally emptied half the bottle to the ground on the first bottle when I didn’t get it in the tank far enough. Light kept coming back on. Grabbed another bottle and did it right and still keeps coming on and I’m at about a quarter tank now. I’m debating getting a new O2 sensor and O2 sensor defouler just to cover the bases, if that doesn’t work then I have no clue what to do.

Side note: car was in the shop for 8 days when the slave cylinder went out and they convinced me to replace the clutch at the same time. Driving the next day I got 2 new codes, sent the pic to my service tech and he said to clear them and see if they come back, luckily they have not.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Do you have state inspections therefore need a cat? Catless DP is cheap and just have your tuner disable the code. Gone forever.

Do you still have your factory downpipe/cat? If it's on possible, I might suggest swapping it back in to see if the p0420 goes away. I've had p0420 three times on two other, different cars and it was always the cat.

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #20
I posted earlier in the thread I bought the car with an aftermarket one and I never got it back when I had the new one installed (idiotic I know).. can’t go catless cause VA emissions, so just going to try the defouler first and see if that works, and if it won’t pass inspection I’ll take it off and clear the code before I take it in