Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CEL : code p219a

That's a prime example of why I always recommend that people do their own local testing. I've seen plenty of 'advice' that certain brands are trash and the others are the best and, quite frankly, it's just not true. Shell may be the best for me and my travel route, but that means nothing to someone that doesn't live in my neighborhood driving my commute. The absolute only way to know what fuel does/doesn't work for an individual and their environment is personal testing.
Yup I am perfectly content with the Sunoco by me haven't had an issue there. I just went back and tried cause of the new premium gas they have and I do get 5 cents off a gallon, but it isn't worth it. It's the only Shell I've had issues with out of all the ones I've been too.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
That's a prime example of why I always recommend that people do their own local testing. I've seen plenty of 'advice' that certain brands are trash and the others are the best and, quite frankly, it's just not true. Shell may be the best for me and my travel route, but that means nothing to someone that doesn't live in my neighborhood driving my commute. The absolute only way to know what fuel does/doesn't work for an individual and their environment is personal testing.
Yup any gas station could get a bad batch no matter what brand.

So last night the CEL popped up on my car.
View attachment 3888

The light was still on the next morning when I drove to work. The funny thing is it disappeared after work...

Got a shop to read the code for me which turned out to be p219a. A quick search of Google showed that its a common problem with Ford (focus, mustang, cmax).

My car is almost stock with the exception of brake line... The motor oil is only about 4k. The car drives fine though, didn't feel any differences.

Has any of you encountered this situation?
Hi [MENTION=773]JAD[/MENTION], Do you have any update? It seems the problem is back. And I'm completely stock. Are we sure that is the gas? In that case, should sparks or injectors are failing because of dirty gas?

Hope you'd solved your problem.

Regards!

jayrod1980

Go figure, usually Shell or Mobil are the two most expensive stations, so you would think they would consistently be the best. I almost never go to Shell only because it's always 10+ cents a gallon more expensive than anything else in the areas I've lived. The only time I ever fill up there is when I'm on a road trip and getting dangerously low on fuel. As an aside, is there a way to find out nationwide which stations offer ethanol free gas? I'd gladly pay a little extra to have less corrosive gas and 15%+ more gas mileage!

haste

1000 Post Club
Go figure, usually Shell or Mobil are the two most expensive stations, so you would think they would consistently be the best. I almost never go to Shell only because it's always 10+ cents a gallon more expensive than anything else in the areas I've lived. The only time I ever fill up there is when I'm on a road trip and getting dangerously low on fuel. As an aside, is there a way to find out nationwide which stations offer ethanol free gas? I'd gladly pay a little extra to have less corrosive gas and 15%+ more gas mileage!

http://pure-gas.org/