Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Chinese DV+ Clone, any takers?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Last edited:
Found it even cheaper if your intrested lol. I got an extra diverter valve laying around I can install it in.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Don't even bother, another member on here (POS Blackbird) sold me a counterfeit GFB dv+. I learned very quick that it was faulty with tolerance sense. Mother knew it to. Basically it will not hold boost steady for more than 500 miles, it will eventually got dirty and gain friction slowing it was down and never really sealing properly. When I dropped the piston in, it literally did just that "fell" right in. Goes to show the tolerance issues.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
C
Thread Starter #5
For 25 bucks it's even more tempting. I'd be interested in doing a comparison of a real vs fake one day. I was looking at GFBs website and saw that they offer replacement components for their diverter valves, and was wondering if you would be able to hypothetically replace the springs, depressor of the chinese variant and create a working valve for half the price..... this is something that is done frequently with the clone adjustable fuel pressure regulators sold on Ebay. People order a rebuild kit for the regulator, throw away all the critical junk ebay seals and are left with a working regulator for less then half the price.

I just measured my new genuine DV+ and there's only .0015" difference between the piston and its sleeve. If you trust that a chinese knockoff manufacturer can guarantee that sort of tolerance go for it. But I wouldn't risk it. It's not a mere bov spacer adapter; it's your only way to vent the boost while shifting. Leaking or sticking and you could get a lot of troubles for the couple bucks you'd save on buying a knockoff vs a genuine one. Plus, it's not a big multibillion company, it's a small size company that you'd support.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
For 25 bucks it's even more tempting. I'd be interested in doing a comparison of a real vs fake one day. I was looking at GFBs website and saw that they offer replacement components for their diverter valves, and was wondering if you would be able to hypothetically replace the springs, depressor of the chinese variant and create a working valve for half the price..... this is something that is done frequently with the clone adjustable fuel pressure regulators sold on Ebay. People order a rebuild kit for the regulator, throw away all the critical junk ebay seals and are left with a working regulator for less then half the price.
do some googling and find out what can happen when the fake ones fail.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
In America where price is the only thing that matters we will sell our soul for an extra 25$. "America F Yea"
Yeap and when all legit companies that spend on R&D go under , who will they copy from ?

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

Just here to say how great my DV+ has been, purchased from a reliable source (Whoosh) to ensure its authenticity.

Last edited:
OP
C
Thread Starter #12
I would agree with you guys, from what I've researched it's a horrible idea to run a clone diverter valve. It's not worth the risk to save a bit of money. I do like the "diamond in the rough" nature of some of the cheaper Ebay products and its always a bit fun to take a gamble on some stuff that won't blow your engine up if it ends up being shit. I'm going to be starting a series titled the Ebay Chronicles where I review in depth some of the cheaper copied/generic products available for our platform, such as LEDs, shift knobs and the first thing reviewed will be the Wagner Intercooler clone currently for sale online. I'll have an install guide complete with pictures, inspection of the insides with an inspection camera and will cap it off with a pressure test of the core to 30PSI. Expect the review by the end of the week!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

pixelzombie

I would agree with you guys, from what I've researched it's a horrible idea to run a clone diverter valve. It's not worth the risk to save a bit of money. I do like the "diamond in the rough" nature of some of the cheaper Ebay products and its always a bit fun to take a gamble on some stuff that won't blow your engine up if it ends up being shit. I'm going to be starting a series titled the Ebay Chronicles where I review in depth some of the cheaper copied/generic products available for our platform, such as LEDs, shift knobs and the first thing reviewed will be the Wagner Intercooler clone currently for sale online. I'll have an install guide complete with pictures, inspection of the insides with an inspection camera and will cap it off with a pressure test of the core to 30PSI. Expect the review by the end of the week!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Looking forward to seeing the results. Will this be on youtube or this site?