Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Chip's 2014 Fiesta ST Build Thread

CSM

1000 Post Club
Figured I'd get around to posting one of these! Only took six years.

Picked up the Fiesta with 2,300 miles in 2014 while I was finishing my PhD in Raleigh. It was a Certified Pre-Owned car in good shape. It has been with me in Raleigh NC, Milwaukee WI, Charlotte NC, Atlanta GA, and now Cleveland OH!

I daily drive this as well as autocross this in SMF and XSA.

Mileage Update: 92,000 miles in February 2021

As I purchased it:
Fiesta ST day I bought it.jpg

I split driving duties between this car and my Scion FRS, though I prefer the Fiesta in the winter.

Most Recent Photo:

Modification List:

Engine/Drivetrain:
  • Pumaspeed X37 turbo dyno tuned on 93 and E30 by Mitch. Makes around 260hp on 93 and 280hp on E30. I usually run E30 year round.
  • Quaife LSD (on new OEM Flywheel, OEM clutch, and OEM Axles November 2020)
  • CP-E IC, CP-E Intake, and CP-E 3" catless DP
  • Mountune short shift adapter with Billetworkz weighted shift knob
  • Whoosh boost Hoses
  • Thermal R&D Exhaust
  • Boomba Recirculating BPV
  • Big Mouth Snorkel
Suspension:
  • Bilstein B14 Coilovers (Fortune Auto 500s 8kF / 6kR are in the garage ready to install)
  • Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar
  • Cobb Rear Motor Mount
  • SPC camber bolts (around -1.7* camber for now)
  • An assortment of wheels and tires:
    • Konig Dekagram 16x8+40 w/ Direzza ZIII 225/45/16
    • Bronze Rota Titans 17x8 +45 w/ 215/40/17 Pirelli P Zero Nero GT
    • 15x6 Sport Edition w/ 195/55/15 Viking Contact 7 for winter
    • Konig Dekagram 15x8 +35 custom order (will probably pair with 225/45/15 RT660s)
Other Items:
  • Dark Ice Designs hood strut kit
Future Mods:
  • Reinstall OEM DP with fresh 93 and E30 tunes by Tune Plus (for emissions and noise reasons)
  • Install Fortune 500s and dial in more negative camber
  • Install rear camber plates
Past Mods:
- Mp215 kit (dyno'd at 184whp)
- Dizzy V2 93 and E30 tune (93 tune dyno'd at 200whp)
- 16x7 Sparco wheels with 205/50/16 Dunlop ZII
- 17x7.5 Sparco wheels with 215/40/17 Dunlop ZIII

Last edited:
OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
Dyno plot from my X37 install
Base - Dizzy 93 tune on OEM Turbo
middle - X37 + 93
top - X37 + E30

Last edited:
OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Just a random example of one of my auto crosses (though I preferred the Scion most of last season).

One of my fastest runs from August 2020 NEOHIO SCCA Autocross. Crappy lot that destroyed a ball joint. Got 2nd fastest raw time
View: https://youtu.be/NqbbFz_u_-M

Last edited:
OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Have not posted in a while. Thought it would be time for an update.

Car was rear ended - AGAIN, In December. It was last rear ended April 2017. Luckily insurance was a pleasure to work with, and the shop did a fantastic job with the paint match and repair. It was about $5,000 in damages.

Unfortunately, I grenade my transmission last week. Second gear WOT pull, heard a loud BANG. And now the car makes a really awful clunking noise that occurs when the wheels are spinning, whether or not the car is in gear. It's at my mechanic now, and trans should get pulled and inspected later this week.

I'm also having him do timing belt, water pump, walnut blast the valves, and valve stem seals (car would smoke on startup). Going to be a big job, on top of the trans repair.

Wrestling with potentially selling the car. It has been a fun 8 years, but I might be ready to move on once the GR86 gets here.

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Haven't posted in a while. Thought I'd give an update.

here is what the transmission looked like. Second gear sheared a bunch of teeth, and the teeth flat out destroyed the rest of the transmission.

Car is currently awaiting one radiator hose that needed replacing (on back order). Other than that, it's ready to get put back together.
1660317173509.png

Car was rear ended - AGAIN, In December. It was last rear ended April 2017. Luckily insurance was a pleasure to work with, and the shop did a fantastic job with the paint match and repair. It was about $5,000 in damages.

Unfortunately, I grenade my transmission last week. Second gear WOT pull, heard a loud BANG. And now the car makes a really awful clunking noise that occurs when the wheels are spinning, whether or not the car is in gear. It's at my mechanic now, and trans should get pulled and inspected later this week.

I'm also having him do timing belt, water pump, walnut blast the valves, and valve stem seals (car would smoke on startup). Going to be a big job, on top of the trans repair.

Wrestling with potentially selling the car. It has been a fun 8 years, but I might be ready to move on once the GR86 gets here.
Was it like a rotational noise when coming to a stop in neutral??

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

I'll bet a happy meal the Turbo seals are going out with the Smoking upon startup*

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Car is currently awaiting one radiator hose that needed replacing (on back order). Other than that, it's ready to get put back together.

Is it the Ford/Motorcraft actual OEM replacement hose on back order currently, or even the Conti/Goodyear aftermarket ones as well?