Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Chirping Noise After Installing Whoosh Intake

View: https://youtu.be/2KiWepdSyXk

Only does it gears 3-6. Mainly when starting from lower rpms. Didnt start happening until I installed a whoosh crossover, induction pipe, and short ram yesterday. Car drives and feels the same.

I originally thought it was coming from the filter, but it may be coming from my turbosmart em vr2. Everything is tightened down on the intake.

Se7eN

Turbo flutter which you probably didn't hear before because you didn't have an intake. It's trying to recirculate via the BOV but maybe it's opening a little later than it needs and making that noise. It's mostly related to the BoV nothing to do with the intake, just that the intake does let you listen to it better.

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Turbo flutter which you probably didn't hear before because you didn't have an intake. It's trying to recirculate via the BOV but maybe it's opening a little later than it needs and making that noise. It's mostly related to the BoV nothing to do with the intake, just that the intake does let you listen to it better.
Thanks! I just sent it to Ron and he said it was normal. I'll leave this up in case someone else wonders the same in the future.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I KNOW THE NOISE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT WITHOUT EVEN WATCHING THE VIDEO. ITS ALWAYS IN THE LOWER RPMS, AND IT ONLY HAPPENED WHEN I DID THE RAMAIR INTAKE. I THOUGHT WHEN I WENT WOOSH TURBO ELBOW, WOOSH CROSSOVER AND ITG INTAKE IT WOULD GET RID OF THE NOISE ALSO.....IT DIDN'T LOL.

FAR LESS FREQUENT BUT DEFIANTLY STILL HEAR IT

Se7eN

I KNOW THE NOISE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT WITHOUT EVEN WATCHING THE VIDEO. ITS ALWAYS IN THE LOWER RPMS, AND IT ONLY HAPPENED WHEN I DID THE RAMAIR INTAKE. I THOUGHT WHEN I WENT WOOSH TURBO ELBOW, WOOSH CROSSOVER AND ITG INTAKE IT WOULD GET RID OF THE NOISE ALSO.....IT DIDN'T LOL.

FAR LESS FREQUENT BUT DEFIANTLY STILL HEAR IT
If you go big turbo with a bit of lag it rarely every happens. :cool: