Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clicking Clutch

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
My clutch has started to make a clicking noise when I push it in. I took it today for my 7500 mile service and let the guy hear it and he said it was normal because it was electric and some other reasons. I've had manual cars in the past and none of them have sounded like this. Even with the FiST, it doesn't make it sometimes but the majority of the time it will make the little click noise.

Anybody else have this problem? Or know of an easy fix? I'm thinking of taking it to my local mechanic and seeing what he says after I get it back later today.

XuperXero

Go under and push the clutch pedal with your hands and see if you can visually spot anything through the linkage that will make the noise. It'll be easier to pinpoint the problem.

I got the click...and my doctor gave me some cream...but it didn't go away...sorry

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
If this is a common thing with this car, I won't worry about it. I've just never had a manual car that made this click before. Like I said, it doesn't make it all the time, but it's the majority for sure.

I have had that same squeak and click also. I believe it is problem with the plastic linkage in the petal arm pivots. Get some good silicone spray or lithium spray grease and spray the linkage pivots up on the arm and lower linkage working the clutch till the squeak and click goes away. I have done this twice in the last 3-4mos. Maybe lithium spray grease would be more long lasting. When you get it lubed, the linkage is quiet and smooth.