Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Climate Control Heater Issue

DaveG99

Went up there today to get a couple items out of the car because I wasn't expecting it to be there for a week or more. Saw the car today and talked to the tech. He said they ordered a bunch of parts and are going to take apart the dash and replace a few things. It was nice seeing my car. I miss it.

OP
S
Thread Starter #242
Went up there today to get a couple items out of the car because I wasn't expecting it to be there for a week or more. Saw the car today and talked to the tech. He said they ordered a bunch of parts and are going to take apart the dash and replace a few things. It was nice seeing my car. I miss it.
Hopefully they get it fixed this time. Good luck!

DaveG99

What sucks is I just installed my stage 2 OTS tune the day before I turned it in to the dealer. And then android auto comes out. Can't wait to get it back!

Just had the new module installed. Seems ok so far. Air distribution settings work normally, and in automatic mode the fan speed control is appropriate. As far as temp control, it still seems a little aggressive with the heat. Like I have it set to 74F and even after 20 minutes of driving the temp of the air coming out is still quite hot, at least compared to my previous experiences with other cars. It also is about 25F out. However if I set it to 71 for example, the output air cools down, which is something that would not have happened before.

I'm also keeping my eye on it because when I first got the car there were times it would work perfectly normal. So far so good though.

Edit: Been driving the car on and off all day. Works perfectly except as mentioned above that it's a bit warmer than I'd like but I'll learn to live with it.

DaveG99

The tech updated me just now:

So they replaced the HVAC module a second time and it seems to be working properly. I should have the car back tomorrow. I'll be sure to report back if it's good to go.

Tim

I have a 2016 Fiesta ST purchased in May, but built in Dec 2015. It has the same issue. Initially it didn't seem to be adjusting properly and would sometimes blow cold air when it shouldn't be. I took it to dealer for service and mentioned the SSM mentioned in this forum. They told me they performed a software update and resolved the issue. Now it does not come on at all unless it is on high or low. I took it back to another dealership. The first told me they were ordering a new hvsc control module. The next day they called back and said Ford cancelled the order. Ford does not yet have a fix, but is working on it. So, I have to go pick up my car without a fix, and no ETA on when the fix is coming. Very annoying, especially since according to this forum the issue has been going on for a year. On another note, when the hell is the Apple CarPlay upgrade coming?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I swore I would do this last winter. Then promised myself I'd do it before this winter started. But after all the difficulties many of you are having, I'll live with it. No way in hell I'm letting them pull my dash! 5 seconds of cold air to the face is not THAT bad

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

DaveG99

Car is fixed so far. Just drove it from the dealer to my work. The first time they replaced the HVAC module with one from the warehouse. It did the same thing. So they ordered another module and it seems to have fixed it. Installing the HVAC module is a lot less intrusive than pulling the dash. So happy to have my car back !

DaveG99

I swore I would do this last winter. Then promised myself I'd do it before this winter started. But after all the difficulties many of you are having, I'll live with it. No way in hell I'm letting them pull my dash! 5 seconds of cold air to the face is not THAT bad

It's a lot more than 5 seconds of cold air. I had no control over heater temperature. It only worked on full heat. And auto climate control did not work.

And they didn't have to pull the dash to replace the module. It's not that bad of a job according to the tech

Tim

My dealer told me Ford will not allow to make any repairs for this issue because they are working on a fix, but no timetable has been given. They tried to order a new hvac control module but ford cancelled it

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's a lot more than 5 seconds of cold air. I had no control over heater temperature. It only worked on full heat. And auto climate control did not work.

And they didn't have to pull the dash to replace the module. It's not that bad of a job according to the tech
Oh that's way worse than what mine is doing. Sorry to hear. I would go do just the flash but guys are also reporting things worse after flashing. Winter's not that long anyway :)

It's just the control panel. It's like a 15 minute job tops and it's not at all invasive. They just did mine after a reflash borked it. Seems to be working pretty good now. I think they had a bad batch of modules that not only ended up in the cars but on their parts shelves as well, which is why many people were having the same issue even after replacement. Would explain why mine was on backorder.

I had the dealership reflash mine and they really borked it. Now the buttons don't work properly. If it is off and turn it on to blowing on me it blows cold for 5 seconds and then moves to the dash. Having it on my feet blows it at the dash. Max does nothing. Looks like I will attempt to get a new HVAC module if ford allows it

I had the dealership reflash mine and they really borked it. Now the buttons don't work properly. If it is off and turn it on to blowing on me it blows cold for 5 seconds and then moves to the dash. Having it on my feet blows it at the dash. Max does nothing. Looks like I will attempt to get a new HVAC module if ford allows it
A new module is what fixed mine after the reflash borked it. It's been a couple of weeks since they replaced it and it works fine.

I was having issues with mine last year, but I really haven't noticed any issues this year. I always keep it on auto now and turn it up to at least 78 when it's cold out and lower it if needed later. Last year I had a couple times where I had to turn it up to 80 to get something that wasn't cold or it would get stuck on hot no matter the setting until I turned off the car.

mnspeak

I had the same issue where it would only blow warm air on HI, cold air on 85. They did a BCE Module reprogram and sent me home with it. It now only blows air through the defrost and again only warm air if set to HI. I brought it back into the dealer and they said they're waiting on the Ford engineers to get back to them with a fix. It's been 7 days. Luckily they gave me a Ford Transit loaner [thumb]

I had the same problem. Brought it to my local dealership and diagnosed it as a HVAC module. They replaced it and now a few weeks later I have yet to encounter the problem again. So far so good!