Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Climate Going Bonkers

I've read through threads on climate control issues but am not sure my scenario has come up.

Backstory: drove a 2016 Focus ST3 from new up until a couple of months ago when I bought a CT4-V Blackwing 6MT. Plan was to keep the Focus as a daily, but trading it in on top of my down-payment got me a better interest rate and I believed I could daily the Blackwing. Several door dings later I realized I couldn't, so picked up a 2014 FiST this week with 97k miles 😆. It was salvage title from a front end collision, but no air bags deployed and it drives damn near perfect. Exactly what I need for the simple commute to and from the office.

Both blend door motors were toast, so I replaced those yesterday but I still have an issue: whether on manual or auto climate, it will randomly start blasting stifling hot air. Sometimes it's after driving for 45 minutes, other times it's after 15 minutes. The only solution is to turn the temp down to low/60/61/62, let the cabin stabilize, then switch is back to the 70-72 I like it at.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, was there a fix? I'm not familiar with the engine bay yet, but it is possible whatever collision occurred impacted part of the climate control system?

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
This is just a guess, but did you zero out the blend door actuator?
What do you mean? I did make sure the teeth of both were aligned correctly, but this issue was happening before I replaced them too.