Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clunk in the front end....

Are the Wilwood brake kits loud and clunk a lot? I am getting a strange clunk in the front end, not big, not all the time and not for the same reason but it is the same clunk. I have taken apart the suspension and put back together including the wilwood kit and can not get this clunk to go away or show its ugly face as to what causes it.

Anyone with anything to say about that? Its not the top hat, brand new struts, brand new springs, brand new Wilwood BBK, Bushings are all good, nothing rubbing, its not the half shaft, at least not other signs of that being the case.

hawyee

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Passenger side motor mount?

OP
wcnST
Thread Starter #3
Motor mounts are all brand new and torqued. Thought that as well. I did loosen up all my braces front and rear and re torqued them all. Pretty quiet for now. Think I found it. In the process though I found the CV axel moved back and forth a lot so taking care of replacing that today.

Fiestig

Have you noticed a specific time when it makes the noise? Like entering small incline driveway to the right or left. I ran the gauntlet on sounds changing a load of items for no reason. Ended up being sway bar bushings. If you have stock rubber bushings, they will still look good even though they are not. If your FiST is 2017 and up this is the best cheapest fix: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CN9CEK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Even if you find the issue elsewhere, this knock is eventual and changing them now will save you weeks or even months of insanity trying to find the noise.